International Renewable Energy Alliance
- International Hydropower Association (IHA),
- International Solar Energy Society (ISES),
- International Geothermal Association (IGA),
- World Wind Energy Association (WWEA),
- World Bioenergy Association (WBA). (Since June 2009)
They represent the hydro, geothermal, solar, and wind power/energy and bioenergy sector. The alliance provides a unified cross-sectoral voice on renewable energy in international and regional energy fora and media.
Climate change concerns, coupled with high oil prices, peak oil, and increasing government support, are driving increasing renewable energy legislation, incentives and commercialization. As of 2011, 119 countries have some form of national renewable energy policy target or renewable support policy. National targets now exist in at least 98 countries. There is also a wide range of policies at state/provincial and local levels.
- Geothermal energy
- List of notable renewable energy organizations
- Solar energy
- Wind energy
- World Council for Renewable Energy (WCRE)
- REN Alliance Homepage, REN Alliance, May 2009
- United Nations Environment Programme Global Trends in Sustainable Energy Investment 2007: Analysis of Trends and Issues in the Financing of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency in OECD and Developing Countries (PDF), p. 3.
- REN21 (2011). "Renewables 2011: Global Status Report". pp. 13–14.