Istana is a Malay and Indonesian word meaning palace.
- Istana Alam Shah, the official palace of the Sultan of Selangor
- Istana Besar, 19th and early 20th century residence of the Sultan of Johor
- Istana Bogor, one of presidential palaces of Indonesia in Bogor, West Java. Former Netherland Indies Governor General residence
- Istana Cipanas, one of presidential palaces of Indonesia in Cipanas, West Java.
- Istana Kampong Glam, former residence of the Sultan of Johore in Singapore, currently the Malay Heritage Centre
- Istana Maimun, the Sultanate of Deli palace, Medan, North Sumatra.
- Istana Melawati, the second national palace of the King of Malaysia, located in Putrajaya
- Istana Merdeka and Istana Negara, Jakarta, the office of the President of Indonesia
- Istana Negara, Kuala Lumpur, the official residence of the King of Malaysia
- Istana Nurul Iman, official residence of the Sultan of Brunei
- Istana Pagarruyung, Tanah Datar, West Sumatra, Minangkabau Rumah Gadang style traditional palace.
- Istana Singapore, the official residence and office of the President of Singapore
- Istana Tampak Siring, one of presidential palaces of Indonesia in Tampak Siring, Gianyar, located 40 km from Denpasar, Bali.