Jack Finegan (1908-2000) was an American biblical scholar, and Professor Emeritus of New Testament History and Archaeology at the Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley, California. While a professor at Iowa State University in Ames, Iowa, he published Light from the Ancient Past in 1946. He was notable for his views on biblical chronology.
- Light from the Ancient Past-The Archaeological Background of the Hebrew-Christian Religion, J. Finegan, 1946, 2nd ed. 1959
- "Chronology of the New Testament", W. Armstrong and J. Finegan, ISBE
- Handbook of Biblical Chronology: Principles of Time Reckoning in the Ancient World and Problems of Chronology in the Bible, 1964, 2nd ed. 1998
- Encountering New Testament Manuscripts: A Working Introduction to Textual Criticism
- Hidden Records of the Life of Jesus
- Discovering Israel Archaeological Guide to the Holy Land
- The Archaeology of the New Testament: The Mediterranean of the Early Christian Apostles, 1981
- Scribal habits in early Greek New Testament papyri James Ronald Royse - 2008 "My decision to build upon Colwell's study of scribal habits in the early papyri was made in consultation with Jack Finegan (1908—2000), with whom I first studied New Testament textual criticism. Dr. Finegan retired prior to my actually"
- Chronos, kairos, Christos: nativity and chronological studies Page 287 Ray Summers, Jerry Vardaman - 1998 "Various scholars, such as Ernest Martin, have accepted Wacholder's conclusions, but Finegan opts for Zuckermann's older work and chronological conclusions, as I would follow, but with exceptions, since Zuckermann's chronology in places ..." Page ix "Jack Finegan: A Tribute, Bastiaan Van Elderen: ..A brief look at his Handbook of Biblical Chronology (1964) astounds one at the detailed research.."
- American Society of Church History/ Volume 15 / Issue 03 / September 1946, pp 235-237