Jack Gleeson in 2012
20 May 1992 |
|Known for||Game of Thrones|
Life and career
Gleeson was born in Cork, Ireland. He started acting at the age of seven in the Independent Theatre Workshop. Gleeson's first roles in feature films were minor roles in Batman Begins (2005), Shrooms (2007) and A Shine of Rainbows (2009). In 2010 he appeared in a leading role in Alicia Duffy's All Good Children. The reviewer for Variety magazine considered Gleeson "the pic's big discovery".
Gleeson stars in HBO's Game of Thrones as Joffrey Baratheon. Gleeson was part of the initial starring cast and remains a member of the cast for the second and third seasons. He cites Joaquin Phoenix as Commodus in Gladiator as an influence on his portrayal of Joffrey. Gleeson is also the founder and artistic director of Collapsing Horse Theatre Company, which is based in Dublin. He went to Gonzaga College, a school in Dublin from 2004–2010.
Gleeson has indicated an intention to pursue an academic career rather than a professional acting career, once his work on Game of Thrones is completed.
|2002||Reign of Fire||Kid (Uncredited)||Film|
|2003||Fishtale||Boy with the fish||Film||Short|
|2004||Tom Waits Made Me Cry||Young Vincent||Film||Short|
|2005||Batman Begins||Little Boy||Film|
|2006–2008||Killinaskully||Pa Connors Jr.||TV Series||4 episodes|
|2009||A Shine of Rainbows||Seamus||Film|
|2010||All Good Children||Dara||Film|
|2011–Present||Game of Thrones||Joffrey Baratheon||TV Series||Main role|
- :: Under: :: Comments Off (13 September 2012). "Jack Gleeson Online • Your No. 1 Jack Gleeson Source". Jack-gleeson.com. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Jack Gleeson Lands Major HBO Pilot!". In The Spotlight. 10 March 2010. Archived from the original on 10 March 2010. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- Felperin, Leslie (20 May 2010). "All Good Children – Film Reviews – Cannes". Variety.com. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- Kit, Borys (19 July 2009). "Sean Bean ascends to Game of Thrones". Reuters. Retrieved 11 December 2011.
- Hill, Logan (June 2012). "The Villains Questionnaire: Jack Gleeson". GQ. Retrieved 1 June 2012.
- Email: Fellows & Scholars (Email) (2 July 2012). "Welcome – Fellows & Scholars : Trinity College Dublin, The University of Dublin, Ireland". Tcd.ie. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Meanwhile, At Trinity College". Broadsheet.ie. 16 April 2012. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- O'Regan, Mark (17 April 2012). "Jack Gleeson swaps 'Game of Thrones' for seat of learning". Irish Independent. independent.ie. Retrieved 21 April 2012.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Jack Gleeson|