|Full name||Jacob Steven Melling|
|Date of birth||April 4, 1995|
|Place of birth||Adelaide, Australia|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 30 August 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Melling attended Saint Paul's College, Gilles Plains. He was raised through the South Australian youth football setups of Modbury Jets and then the South Australian Sports Institute Football Program (SASI) before playing a key part in the South Australian side's championship win in the FFA State Institute Challenge in 2010. Melling was named Player of the Tournament, and was offered a scholarship to the Australian Institute of Sport Football Program where he then went on to form a mainstay in the heart of the Joeys midfield.
(Current as of 17 February 2012)
- "SASI takes out FFA State Institute Challenge in Canberra". Football Federation Australia. 2010-01-31. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Highlights 2010" (PDF), SASI - Sports - Men's Football, SA Sports Institute, retrieved 2011-07-09, "Congratulations also go to Jacob Melling and Ben Garuccio who were offered AIS scholarships for 2011."
- "Rini Coolen's Season in Review". Adelaide United FC (A-League). 2011-03-18. Retrieved 2011-07-09.
- "Reds halt Heart charge". A-League (Football Federation Australia). 2012-01-04. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Melbourne Heart FC Captures New Signings". Football Federation Australia. 20 May 2014.