Jamie King (actor)
||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Born||Jamie Thomas King
9 July 1981
Jamie Thomas King (born 9 July 1981) is an English actor.
He was noted for his performance as Dakin in the first UK tour of Alan Bennett's The History Boys in 2005–2006. He reprised the role for a brief stint in 2007 at Wyndham's Theatre in London, flying in from the set of The Tudors on short notice after the current Dakin, Ben Barnes, unexpectedly dropped out of the production.
In 2007, he landed a minor role in the Showtime series The Tudors alongside Jonathan Rhys Meyers, portraying English poet Thomas Wyatt. In the show's second season, he graduated from guest star to regular cast member.
King took on the role of Guy MacKendrick on the American TV series Mad Men. He played a young advertising account executive set to take over management of a New York ad agency when an inebriated typist drives over his foot on a self-propelled John Deere riding lawnmower, ending his career.
- Bad Girls (TV series 2003)
- Midsomer Murders (TV series 2003)
- Casualty (TV series 2004)
- The River King (2005)
- Tristan + Isolde (2006)
- Vampire Diary (2007)
- The Tudors (TV series 2007-2008)
- The Cleaner (TV series 2008)
- Lost City Raiders (TV film 2008)
- CSI: Miami (TV series 2008)
- Private Practice (TV series 2009)
- Mad Men (TV series 2009)
- Day One (TV series short 2010)
- Like Crazy (2011)
- Marchlands (TV series 2011)
- The Legend of Hell's Gate: An American Conspiracy (2011) (completed)
- Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (2011)
- Grimm's Snow White (2012)
- Tower Block (2012)
- Truth & Treason (2012) (pre-production)
- Call the Midwife - Season 2, episode 4 (2013)