|Birth name||Jason Greeley|
|Born||March 11, 1977|
|Origin||Upper Island Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador|
Jason Greeley (March 11, 1977) is a singer/songwriter from Upper Island Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador best known as a contestant on the 2nd season of Canadian Idol. He released his solo album, Live...Love...Sing... for which he's won multiple awards and in late 2009 released his follow up album to which it has gained much attention. Jason is more involved in writing, and is signed to Royalty Records out of Alberta.
On June 14, 2005, Greeley released his debut CD Live...Love...Sing.... The album's first single released was Slammin' Doors. He received 4 Music Industry Association of Newfoundland and Labrador (MIANL, now MusicNL) award nominations, winning the Entertainer of the Year award. In 2006, Greeley received an East Coast Music Award nomination for Country Album of the Year. Jason just release his self-titled album with the first single being "Usually".
Greeley reached the top 4 round of Canadian Idol before being eliminated. At 27, he was the oldest of the top 10. Jason placed 3rd in his top 32 group behind Shane Wiebe and Manoah Hartmann but he qualified, along with Elena Juatco, for the top 10 through the wildcard round where he was the top vote getter. Below is his list of performances with the theme in brackets:
- First audition: "Sad Songs (Say So Much)" by Elton John
- Toronto auditions: "Islands in the Stream" by Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton (duet with Danielle Falco)
- Top 32: "Heaven" by Bryan Adams
- Wildcard: "Sad Songs (Say So Much)" by Elton John
- Top 10: "Cuts Like a Knife" by Bryan Adams (Canadian Hits)
- Top 9: "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" by Elton John (British Invasion)
- Top 8: "Proud Mary" by Creedence Clearwater Revival (Rock 'n' Roll)
- Top 7: "Easy" by The Commodores
- Top 6: "Rainy Day People" by Gordon Lightfoot
- Top 5: "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)" by Robert Palmer (Summertime Hits)
- Top 4: "I Won't Dance" by Frank Sinatra, "It Had To Be You" by Harry Connick, Jr. (Big Band)
2. Another Day
3. Slammin' Doors
4. Sad Songs
5. Get Over You
6. Shady Ole Town
7. Tonight (co-written with Sass Jordan)
8. Living For Nothing
10. Tear Me Away
This album has sold a total of 12,000 copies.
Self Titled - Jason Greeley... (2009)
1. Born That Way
3. Godbye Jersey
4. Around For A Reason
5. Get A Life
6. Slammin Doors
7. Good Part
8. Live Our Lives
9. Walk Away
10.Louder Than Words
12. What You Gotta Do(Dad's Song)
This album is in stores now and available through Walmart, HMV, CD Plus, Lammles Locations throughout Alberta, iTunes and at Jason's website at www.jasongreeley.com via MUSICMAX
Jason Greeley (2009)
Jason is currently living in Edmonton and has released his second album self-titled on Royalty Records, a country music label based in Alberta. The album was produced by Joel Feeney and the first single off the new album, Usually, was released in the summer of 2009. The new album has 12 songs, including five co-writes by Greeley himself and was released on September 29, 2009.
Jason is now into the release of his third single "Around for A Reason." May 3, 2010 was the release date. This song was co-written by the album's producer and three time CCMA award winner Joel Feeney and originally pitched to Rascal Flatts but didn't make the cut for their last record.