Bianchi playing for the Nashville Sounds in 2013.
October 5, 1986 |
|Bats: Right||Throws: Right|
|July 13, 2012 for the Milwaukee Brewers|
(through July 7, 2014)
|Runs batted in||40|
Bianchi attended Lampeter-Strasburg High School in Lampeter, Pennsylvania. He was drafted in the second round (50th overall) of the 2005 Major League Baseball Draft by the Kansas City Royals. He was a Topps Short-season/ Rookie All-Star.
Kansas City Royals
In 2008, Bianchi won the Frank White award for being the best defensive player in the Royals minor league system while playing for the Wilmington Blue Rocks.
Bianchi was added to the Royals' 40-man roster following the 2009 season to protect him from the Rule 5 draft.
In March 2010 Bianchi underwent Tommy John elbow surgery, sidelining him for the 2010 season. Bianchi returned in 2011 and appeared in 119 games for the Northwest Arkansas Naturals, hitting .259. After the 2011 season, he was designated for assignment.
Bianchi played for the Brewers in 2013 and has played a range of positions such as shortstop, second base, and third base. On May 24, 2014, he was outrighted off the 40-man roster. He was called back up on June 29, 2014.
- Minor League Baseball: Stats: Player
- Muskat, Carrie (January 11, 2012). "Cubs lose Bianchi to Brewers in waiver move". Cubs.com.
- "Brewers release veteran starter Randy Wolf". Si.com. August 22, 2012. Retrieved August 22, 2012.
- Wilmoth, Charlie (May 24, 2014). "Brewers Outright Jeff Bianchi". mlbtraderumors.com. Retrieved May 24, 2014.
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)