Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell
|Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell|
Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell presenting the pre-premiere for his historical ICON art series in Culver City, California on August 9th, 2009
|Born||Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell
February 3, 1977
Los Angeles, California, US
|Known for||Mixed Media Artist, Documentary Filmmaker, Mixed Martial Athlete|
Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell (born February 3, 1977) is an American contemporary artist based in Los Angeles California. Corbell is best known for his immersive mixed media art exhibitions that combine art, fashion and film. Corbell is also a photographer, fashion designer, author, documentary filmmaker, mixed martial arts athlete and instructor.
Corbell was born in Los Angeles in 1977, the son of an immigrant father who founded an importing business, and a native Angeleno mother, the daughter of a watchmaker. Corbell's full birth name was "Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell". The middle of three boys, Corbell began the study of Jujitsu at the early age of 9.
Martial arts career
Corbell is a Black Belt in Jujitsu. In 2001 Corbell released his first book titled Radiant Source - Cultivating Warrior Consciousness that put forward the foundational philosophy for his approach to the Martial Way.
Corbell taught Jujitsu and Yoga at the University of California Santa Cruz for many years. During this time he developed his trademarked styles of martial and healing arts, Quantum Jujitsu and Warrior Yoga. Corbell has appeared in Black Belt Magazine, Yoga Journal, and other international magazines highlighting his approach to yoga and Jujitsu.
At-risk youth Programs
Corbell developed a martial arts and yoga curriculum to provide training for at-risk-youth. This includes an award winning Juvenile Hall yoga program to incorporate his philosophy of meaningful living with the practical instruction of Warrior Yoga. Following discharge from Juvenile Hall, students continue instruction during and after their probation period.
Film work and demonstrations
Corbell has consulted on a number of films such as I Am Number Four (film) and Bunraku (film). Corbell has also consulted for video games such as UFC Undisputed 2010. One of Corbell's Jujitsu demonstrations has received over 4.9 million views on YouTube, and has received much attention for its high-flying techniques.
While traveling overseas in 2004 to Nepal and India, Corbell contracted a near-fatal respiratory disease called Valley Fever. He lost more than 35 pounds (16 kg), experienced daily fevers, hallucinations and distorted vision. Corbell survived and made it home to be treated by doctors at UCLA. Unable to practice martial arts for over a year due to medical complications, Corbell began creating art. Commenting on his transition from fighter to artist, Corbell said "I learned that we often only express fragments of our totality, and that it is through the courage of imagination that we become free to truly express."
Fine art career
Corbell has called himself an "accidental artist" as he suddenly became too ill to continue martial arts training. In 2004, Corbell began secretly harvesting local building demolitions for early-century windows and doors in the Los Angeles area. He began recycling them into art installations. Over the years Corbell has exhibited numerous bodies of work in avant-garde locations, private settings and galleries across the United States. His invitational art events have generated national interest and press.
Notable art exhibitions
Some of the most influential exhibitions by Corbell are as follows:
Death to Life: Corbell disassembled computers and embedded them into vintage doors and windows harvested from local Los Angeles demolitions. The pieces were distributed throughout the Los Angeles area and showed rotating imagery and sounds from his travels in Nepal and India.[non-primary source needed]
Factory Girl Exhibition: In coordination with a pre-premiere of the Factory Girl (2006 film), Corbell exhibited an original body of work as part of a comparative exhibition with a series of privately owned Andy Warhol paintings.
ICON: Life Love & Style of Sharon Tate: In honor of the 40th anniversary of Sharon Tate's passing, with the blessing of the Tate family created a 350-piece historic art exhibition celebrating Sharon's style and life. The art and fashion based exhibition showcases images of Sharon's never before revealed wardrobe by designers such as Christian Dior, Thea Porter, Ossie Clark and Yves Saint Laurent.
Bunraku Art Experience: Chateau Marmont: Held at the Chateau Marmont (Penthouse 64) in Hollywood California, Corbell hosted a one night only art installation for the cast of the Bunraku (film) by Director Guy Moshe. In lieu of a premiere, Corbell's art exhibition revealed images and art pieces of Demi Moore, Josh Hartnett, Woody Harrelson, Ron Perlman and Kevin McKidd.
In the Summer of 2010 Corbell launched his art-apparel line called ICON Apparel. A collaboration with Five Four Clothing's Creative Director Andres Izquieta, ICON Apparel was inspired by Corbell's mixed media art. Each piece was hand-touched and autographed by the artist. The line launched at Fred Segal in Santa Monica California and was limited edition.
Corbell has made a number of experimental and documentary films. In November 2014 Corbell completed a short titled LOST VEGAS, and is working on a feature film about "extraordinary belief systems".
Corbell's directorial debut was with the film Lost Vegas. The piece encounters six characters (performers and street kids) throughout one night in Las Vegas. The night is May 21, 2011, which is the supposed "night of Rapture" the "end of the world" as predicted by certain religious sects. Corbell asked each person a series of three questions, and the film captures their responses. Additional films by Corbell include:
Immaculate Deception: The “Godfather of Conspiracy" and ex-CIA operative, John Lear (disinherited heir to the Lear Jet aviation empire) takes us on a journey down the rabbit hole. With unprecedented access to this enigmatic man and those who surround him, the world has yet to hear these philosophies and confessions.
Patient Seventeen: A surgeon, the late Roger Leir, who claims to remove highly advance implants, nanotechnology microchips imbedded by aliens, non-humans monitoring our earth. Discover his world of abductions, scalar wave transmissions, and a program to study or manipulate the human race. Armed with a patient, a scalpel, black lights and a stud finder; we seek to verify the authenticity of this alleged Off-World Implant Technology.
Truth Embargo: Follow three individuals on a quest to unravel the truth. A journalist, a historian and an activist put it all on the line in an effort to uncover one of the greatest secrets held from the human race. Culminating in an unprecedented event, a Citizen’s Hearing on Disclosure, the realization that “we are not alone” is only the beginning.
The Anonymous Interview: This motion picture by Corbell is an exploration into the witness testimony of a highly controversial alleged ex-CIA operative who claims, through his military and intelligence career, to have been exposed to realities and technologies of an Extraterrestrial nature. A cosmic whistleblower, who was threatened for over a decade to not break his silence. This “deathbed confession” was featured as official witness testimony at the Citizens Hearing on Disclosure at the National Press Club in Washington DC last year, and has caused hot debate within the intelligence and UFO communities.
Nano Man: Utility Fog: A military funded Nanophysicist believes he possesses a mysterious meta-material created by another intelligence. Extraterrestrial Nanotechnology from a UFO landing site. Known for his Advanced Propulsion Systems and producing unique Carbon Nanotubes for humanitarian application, “Nano Man” believes, we are not alone. We travel to a military installation and use NASA’s Scanning Electron Microscope to analyze and interrogate the alleged Off-World (alien) nano-robotics.
Lazar: In 1989 Bob Lazar revealed to the public the fact that he back-engineered Alien Spacecraft from another world for the United States Military at a secret base called S-4 (near the infamous Area 51). With current and unseen testimony by Lazar, this short film gives a unique glimpse into the personas surrounding the most infamous UFO case of all time. George Knapp (Peabody Award winning investigative Journalist) broke the story in an attempt to assure the safety of Lazar. The implications derived from his experiences are just starting to be experienced.
Investigative Film Series
In 2015 Corbell launched his Investigative Film Series titled, "EXTRAORDINARY BELIEFS by Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell". The series is a multi-project film endeavor with an artful approach to complex topics and investigations. Corbell explores the Extraordinary Beliefs of enigmatic people deep within the aerospace, military, conspiracy, extraterrestrial and underworld communities. Topics include; Advanced nano-technology, non-lethal weaponry, off world technologies, space travel and exterrestrial contact. 
- "Official IMDB Biography - Jeremy Corbell". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2014-11-26.
- "Martial Arts Biography - Jeremy Corbell". Usadojo.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Radiant Source: Cultivating Warrior Consciousness (9781434802217): Jeremy Corbell: Books". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Santa Cruz County Office of Education: Student & Personnel Services Division - Alternative Education Programs". Santacruz.k12.ca.us. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- WARRIOR YOGA. Black Belt Magazine. October 2004. Retrieved 2011-12-14.
- Roman, Caroline M. "New Josh Hartnett / Demi Moore film ‘BUNRAKU’ tries an artistic approach to publicity at Chateau Marmont". The Daily Truffle. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Quantum Jujitsu demo with Sensei Jeremy Corbell". Retrieved 2011-11-16.
- "Flavia Colgan: ICON: The life and Love of an Accidental Artist". Huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Stripping Away the Las Vegas Strip". Bunker Hill Magazine. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Press". Jeremycorbell.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Death To Life". Jeremycorbell.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Factory Girl Screening and Party | Splash Magazines | Los Angeles". Lasplash.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Corbell". Thpfashion.wordpress.com. 2010-08-04. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "Restoring Sharon Tate". latimes.com. 2009-08-09. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Check Out Some Images From the 'Bunraku' Art Experience". iamROGUE.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Blog". ICON APPAREL. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell on Vimeo". Vimeo.com. Retrieved 2011-11-11.
- "Corbell on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Lost Vegas on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Immaculate Deception on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Patient Seventeen on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Truth Embargo on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "The Anonymous Interview on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "Nano Man on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2015-01-24.
- "Lazar on IMDB". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2014-11-14.
- "ExtraordinaryBeliefs.com". JKLC Productions.com. Retrieved 2015-01-20.
- Official art website
- ICON Apparel
- Lost Vegas Movie
- Immaculate Deception Movie
- Patient Seventeen Movie
- The Anonymous Interview Movie
- Truth Embargo Movie
- Lazar: The Snowden of Ufology Movie
- Extraordinary Beliefs by Jeremy Kenyon Lockyer Corbell
- Quantum Jujitsu
- Warrior Yoga
- Accidental Artist – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqrU2AVQ328
- ICON photo-shoot – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBH7j3zOUWI
- Documentary interview about Sharon Tate – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=097qgW68tpA
- Documentary interview about Corbell's artistic process – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrQdaMqp3ew
- KTLA News interview – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmp6RU3ezbg
- Filmmaker Manuel Reta interviews Corbell – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt7Se_a3kT8
- Corbell's speech at ICON pre-premiere – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_DX1hnoJCA
- Interview by Sean Stone about Corbell's film Immaculate Deception – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsfQ7bm0KqE
Articles & Reviews
- LA Confidential Magazine - http://la-confidential-magazine.com/channels/home-page/insights/an-art-show-for-bunraku
- KCAL News - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOj4u68lZO4
- Daily Truffle - http://thedailytruffle.com/blog/2011/09/new-josh-hartnett-demi-moore-film-tries-an-artistic-approach-to-publicity-bunraku-also-stars-woody-harrelson-directed-by-guy-moshe/
- OpenMinds - http://www.openminds.tv/film-documents-research-alien-implant-doctor-roger-leir/26587