|Full name||Jhonny Alexandre Arteaga|
|Date of birth||24 November 1986|
|Place of birth||Cali, Colombia|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|2004–2007||Dominican College Chargers|
|2007||Albany BWP Highlanders||12||(2)|
|2008||Western Mass Pioneers||9||(0)|
|2011||F.C. New York||21||(13)|
|2012||New York Red Bulls||5||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of April 19, 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Youth and College
Arteaga grew up in Stamford, Connecticut, where he attended Westhill High School before playing college soccer at Dominican College (New York). In 2005, 2006 and 2007, Arteaga received All CACC Honors, and NSCAA All Region Honors in 2006 and 2007. During his Senior Year, Arteaga Led the CACC in Points (38) & in Goals (16). Following his Senior Year, Arteaga was Honored CACC Player of the Year, Daktronic’s 1st Team All Region and 1st Team All American.
Arteaga turned professional in 2008 playing with the Western Mass Pioneers in the USL Second Division, and made his professional debut on 19 April 2008 in the Pioneers' 3–0 opening day defeat to the Richmond Kickers. He left the club mid-season, and briefly played back in the PDL for Westchester Flames, before leaving for Europe to attempt to secure a professional contract.
Arteaga was trialed with Polish Ekstraklasa club Lechia Gdańsk in early 2010, before signing with Łomża. He played 14 games for Łomża in 2010 and scored 8 goals, before returning to the United States at the end of the season.
Arteaga signed with F.C. New York in the USL Professional Division in 2011. He scored his first goal for New York on 30 May 2011 in a 2–1 victory over Rochester Rhinos. He recorded his first professional hat trick on 15 June 2011 in a 3–0 victory over former club Western Mass Pioneers in New York's 2011 U.S. Open Cup debut. Arteaga ended the season playing in 21 league games for New York in 2011, and was the league's top scorer with 13 goals setting a single-season scoring record (16 in all competitions).
On 5 March 2012 it was announced that Arteaga had agreed to terms with New York Red Bulls of Major League Soccer. On 19 November 2012, the Red Bulls announced it declined options for an additional 6 players, having released 4 a week earlier, with Arteaga included in the mix.
- USL Pro Golden Boot: 2011
- USL Pro Scoring Champion: 2011
- USL Pro All-League First Team: 2011
- "Cacc Releases Men'S Soccer All-Conference Team; Arteaga Named Player Of The Year". CACC Athletics. 29 October 2007. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Charger Athletics Mobile : CHARGER SOCCER PLAYERS PLAY FOR ALBANY ADMIRALS". Chargerathletics.com. 5 June 2007. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Dominican'S Arteaga Signs With Western Massachusetts Pioneers". CACC Athletics. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "United Soccer Leagues (USL)". Uslsoccer.com. 19 April 2008. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- Maciej Kusina. "Amerykanie testowani w Lechii" [Arteaga trials with Lechia] (in Polish). 90minut.pl. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Arteaga signs with ŁKS Łomża" (in Polish). Lks.4lomza.pl. 23 August 2010. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Arteaga leads NY over Rochester". Uslpro.uslsoccer.com. 30 May 2011. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- "Arteaga leads NY in US Open Cup". Thecup.us. Retrieved 6 March 2012.
- USL PRO Honors Announced
- Red Bulls sign four players
- "Riverhounds Sign Proven Goal Scorer from N.Y. Red Bulls for Inaugural Season at Highmark Stadium". Pittsburgh Riverhounds. Retrieved 22 February 2013.