|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
|Born||John Edward Cater
17 January 1932
Hendon, London, England, UK
|Died||21 March 2009
Cause of death
John Edward Cater (17 January 1932 – 21 March 2009) was an English actor.
His television credits include: Danger Man, Z-Cars, The Avengers, The Baron, Doctor Who (in the serial The War Machines), Follyfoot, Softly, Softly, Department S, Up Pompeii!, Dad's Army, The Naked Civil Servant, I, Claudius, Alcock and Gander, The Duchess of Duke Street, The Sweeney, Inspector Morse, Bergerac, One Foot in the Grave, Lovejoy, Jeeves and Wooster, Midsomer Murders and Doctors.
|1966||Doctor Who The War Machines||Professor Krimpton|
|1967||The Avengers (The Living Dead)||Olliphant|
|1972||Alcock and Gander||Ernest|
|1973||Seven of One||Horace|
|1975||The Duchess of Duke Street||Joseph Starr|
|1975||The Naked Civil Servant||Psychiatrist|
|1976||Nobody's House (TV series)||Mr Jacobs|
|1976||I, Claudius||Tiberius Claudius Narcissus|
|1978 to 1981||Rosie||Merv|
|1980 to 1984||The Other 'Arf||George Watts|
|1982||Anyone for Denis?||Maurice Picarda|
|1987||The Devil's Disciple||Uncle Titus Dudgeon|
|1989||The Woman in Black||Arnold Pepperell|
|1998||Goodnight Mister Tom||Dr. Little|
- Decline and Fall... of a Birdwatcher (1968)
- Loot (1970)
- The Abominable Dr. Phibes (1971)
- Dr. Phibes Rises Again (1972)
- Captain Kronos – Vampire Hunter (1973)
- Little Lord Fauntleroy (1980)
- Rising Damp (1980)
- "Death Notices - John Cater". The Guardian (Guardian Newspapers). 4 April 2009.
- Born: 17 January 1932, Hendon, LondonDied: 21 March 2009. "John Cater | BFI | BFI". Explore.bfi.org.uk. Retrieved 2014-03-25.
|This article about a United Kingdom film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|