|John E. Ferling
||Historian, Author, Professor (retired 2004)
||American revolution historian
||Lifetime Achievement Award / Fraunces Tavern Book Award
John E. Ferling is a professor emeritus of history at the University of West Georgia. As a leading historian in the American Revolution, he has appeared in television documentaries on PBS, the History Channel, C-SPAN Book TV, and the Learning Channel.
John Ferling was born in 1940 in Charleston, West Virginia. He grew up in Texas City, Texas.
He attended Sam Houston State University. He later received a Masters degree in history from Baylor University.
He taught for 39 years, mostly at the University of West Georgia. He retired from teaching to spend more time writing.
- The Ascent of George Washington: The Hidden Political Genius of an American Icon
- Almost a Miracle: The American Victory in the War of Independence
- The Loyalist Mind: Joseph Galloway and the American Revolution 
- A Wilderness of Miseries: War and Warriors in Early America 
- The First of Men: A Life of George Washington
- Struggle for a Continent: The Wars of Early America 
- John Adams: A Life 
- Setting the World Ablaze: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution 
- A Leap in the Dark: The Struggle to Create the American Republic 
- Adams vs. Jefferson: The Tumultuous Election of 1800 
- Independence: The Struggle to Set America Free (published June 21, 2011)
- Jefferson and Hamilton: "The Rivalry That Forged A Nation"*
- ^ "Hooks Book Events - Interactive Author Programs - Washington, DC - Home". hooksbookevents.com.
- ^ http://johnferling.com/biography/
- ^ a b c "John Ferling - Biography". johnferling.com.
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/Ascent-George-Washington-Political-American/dp/1596914653
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (2007), Almost a miracle: the American victory in the War of Independence, Oxford University Press, ISBN 9780195181210, OCLC 85898929, retrieved 2009-07-05
- ^ "Almost A Miracle". oup.com.
- ^ *Ferling, J. E. (1977). The Loyalist Mind: Joseph Galloway and the American Revolution. Pennsylvania State University Press. ISBN 0271005149. OCLC 3088790.
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (1980). A wilderness of miseries: war and warriors in early America. Greenwood Press. ISBN 031322093X. OCLC 5706410.
- ^ Ferling, J.E.; Societies, American Council of Learned (1988), The first of men: A life of George Washington
- ^ Ferling, J. (1993), "Struggle for a Continent: The Wars of Early America", America's First World War: the French and Indian War, 1754-1763 (Harlan Davidson)
- ^ Ferling, J. (1992), John Adams: a life, Univ. of Tennessee Press, ISBN 0870497308, OCLC 243731777
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (2000). Setting the World Ablaze: Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the American Revolution. Oxford University Press. ISBN 0195134095. OCLC 43118302.
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (2003), A leap in the dark: the struggle to create the American republic, retrieved 2009-07-05
- ^ Ferling, J.E. (2004), Adams vs. Jefferson: the tumultuous election of 1800
- ^ http://www.amazon.com/Independence-Struggle-Set-America-Free/dp/1608190080
- ^ Ferling, John E. (2013). Jefferson and Hamilton: "The Rivalry That Forged A Nation". Bloomsbury Press. ISBN 9781608195282. OCLC 826322983.
- ^ http://www.westga.edu/index_2106.php
- ^ "Redirecting". c-spanarchives.org.
- ^ "AlumniDen - Alumni Association". westga.edu.