|Member of the Ohio Senate
from the 18th district
November 9, 2011
|Preceded by||Tim Grendell|
|Residence||Munson Township, Geauga County, Ohio|
|Alma mater||Washington and Lee University School of Law, Union College|
John J. Eklund is a Republican member of the Ohio Senate for the 18th district. He was appointed in November 2011 to replace Tim Grendell, who was appointed as a judge in Geauga County. The selection committee considered thirteen candidates for the appointment. He is the Chairman of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee. Eklund then went on to win the 2012 election for a full-term, winning with 54.7% of the vote.  He is married with two children.
Eklund joined law firm Calfee, Halter & Griswold in 1980, and became a partner in 1988. He specialises in antitrust law. Eklund has a law degree from Washington and Lee University School of Law and a bachelors degree from Union College. He is married with two children.
- "Senator John Eklund". Ohio Senate. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "Eklund gets Ohio Senate committee assignments". The News-Herald. 14 November 2011. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "Antitrust lawyer will get Grendell's Ohio Senate sea". WKSU News. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "2012 Elections Results|Ohio Secretary of State". Retrieved 27 February 2014.
- "Calfee partner John Eklund appointed to Ohio Senate". Calfee, Halter & Griswold. Retrieved 25 September 2012.