|Member of the Ohio Senate
from the 18th district
November 9, 2011
|Preceded by||Tim Grendell|
|Residence||Munson Township, Geauga County, Ohio|
|Alma mater||Washington and Lee University School of Law, Union College|
Life and career 
Eklund joined law firm Calfee, Halter & Griswold in 1980, and became a partner in 1988. He specialises in antitrust law. Eklund has a law degree from Washington and Lee University School of Law and a bachelors degree from Union College. He is married with two children.
Ohio Senate 
Eklund was appointed in November 2011 to replace Tim Grendell, who was appointed as a judge in Geauga County. The selection committee considered thirteen candidates for the appointment. Currently, he is serving on the committees of Highways and Transportation; Government Oversight (as vice chair); and State and Local Government and Veterans Affairs.
In 2012, Eklund won a full term to his Senate seat, defeating Democrat Jim Mueller with 55% of the vote.
- "Senator John Eklund". Ohio Senate. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "Calfee partner John Eklund appointed to Ohio Senate". Calfee, Halter & Griswold. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "Eklund gets Ohio Senate committee assignments". The News-Herald. 14 November 2011. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "Antitrust lawyer will get Grendell's Ohio Senate sea". WKSU News. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- "Election: Eklund faces Mueller for Ohio Senate District 18". The News-Herald. 22 September 2012. Retrieved 25 September 2012.
- The Ohio Senate: Senator John Eklund R- 18th
- John J. Eklund at Calfee, Halter & Griswold
- Campaign website