John G. Hemry
|John G. Hemry|
|Pen name||Jack Campbell|
|Genre||Science fiction, military science fiction|
|Children||2 sons, 1 daughter|
John G. Hemry (LCDR, USN ret.) is an American author of military science fiction novels. Drawing on his experience as a retired United States Navy officer, he has written the Stark's War and Paul Sinclair series. Under the name Jack Campbell, he has written six volumes of the Lost Fleet series. He has also written over a dozen short stories, many published in Analog magazine, and a number of non-fiction works.
Hemry has continued the Lost Fleet series with a spin-off: Beyond the Frontier, focusing on the main characters from the Lost Fleet. A second series called The Lost Stars, focuses on the collapse of the Syndicate Worlds.
- 1 Awards and honours
- 2 Publications
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Awards and honours
- Winner of 2006 Anlab vote for best short story
as John G. Hemry
The series follows a conflict between US Army soldiers and their leadership during a campaign that takes place on the Moon. Faced with increasingly outrageous disregard for their survival, the enlisted soldiers mutiny under the leadership of Sergeant Stark who then faces an uncertain path in dealing with the civilian colony they are based next to, as well as the Pentagon and US Government.
Paul Sinclair (JAG in Space)
The publisher promotes this series descriptively as "JAG, set in space". The title character is a junior officer aboard the USS Michaelson, a military spaceship in peacetime conditions. While he faces the trials of maturing as a line officer, Sinclair also serves as his commanders' legal advisor—a role that brings him into close contact with the military legal system.
- A Just Determination (May 2003)
- Burden of Proof (March 2004)
- Rule of Evidence (March 2005)
- Against All Enemies (March 2006)
- Hemry, John G. (October 1997). "One Small Spin". Marion Zimmer Bradley's Fantasy A4.
- Hemry, John G. (November 1997). "Agent Problems". Analog. CXVII (9).
- Hemry, John G. (February 1999). "Odysseus". Analog CXX (2).
- Hemry, John G. (November 2000). "Interstellar Navigation". Analog.
- Hemry, John G. (November 2000). "Crow's Feat". Analog.
- Hemry, John G. (May 2001). "Down the Rabbit Hole". Analog CXXI (5).
- Hemry, John G. (December 2002). "Generation Gap". Analog 122 (12).
- Hemry, John G. (September 2003). "Section Seven". Analog 123 (9).
- Hemry, John G. (December 2004). "Small Moment in Time". Analog 124.
- Hemry, John G. (November 2004). "Mightier than the Sword in Turn the Other Chick". Turn the Other Chick 124.
- Hemry, John G. (April 2005). "Standards of Success". Analog 125 (4).
- Hemry, John G. (June 2005). "Working on Borrowed Time". Analog 125 (6).
- Hemry, John G. (April 2006). "Lady Be Good". Analog 126.
- Hemry, John G. (April 2007). "As You Know, Bob". Analog 127 (4).
- Hemry, John G. (Jul–Aug 2007). "Do No Harm". Analog 127 (7&8).
- Hemry, John G. (Nov 2007). "These Are the Times". Analog 127 (11).
- Hemry, John G. (Jan–Feb 2009). "Rocks". Analog 129 (1&2): 72–76.
- Hemry, John G. (Jul–Aug 2009). "Failure to Obey". Analog 129 (7&8): 94–124.
- Hemry, John G. (April 2010). "Swords and Saddles". Analog 130 (4): 8–36.
- Hemry, John G. (October 2010). "The Rift". Analog 130 (10): 8–36.
- Hemry, John G. (March 2011). "Betty Knox and Dictionary Jones in the Mystery of the Missing Teenage Anachronisms". Analog.
- Hemry, John G. (2011). "Dawn's Last Light". By Other Means antholog 3.
- Hemry, John G. (April 2012). "Hel's Half-Acre". Armored anthology pb: xix+579.
as Jack Campbell
The Lost Fleet
- The Lost Fleet: Dauntless (2006)
- The Lost Fleet: Fearless (2007)
- The Lost Fleet: Courageous (2007)
- The Lost Fleet: Valiant (2008)
- The Lost Fleet: Relentless (2009)
- The Lost Fleet: Victorious (2010)
The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier
- The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Dreadnaught (2011)
- The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Invincible (2012)
- The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Guardian (2013)
- The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Steadfast (2014)
- The Lost Fleet: Beyond the Frontier: Leviathan (2015)
The Lost Stars
- The Lost Stars: Tarnished Knight (2012)
- The Lost Stars: Perilous Shield (2013)
- The Lost Stars: Imperfect Sword (2014)
The Pillars of Reality
- The Pillars of Reality: The Dragons of Dorcastle (2014)
- The Pillars of Reality: The Hidden Masters of Marandur (2015)
- The Last Full Measure (2013) ISBN 978-1596065680
- Ad Astra (2013) ASIN B00BFGSGRW
- Borrowed Time (2013) ASIN B00BFGSDIY
- Swords and Saddles (2013) ASIN B00BFGS8EI
- Official web site
- John G. Hemry at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Review of A Just Determination
- Review of Burden of Proof
- Black Jack Calling, an interview with Jack Campbell, AKA John G Hemry at Geek Speak Magazine.
- Fantastic Fiction Author Page
- Story Behind Perilous Shield - Online Essay by Jack Campbell at Upcoming4.me