||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2008)|
John Masouri is a journalist, reviewer, contributor and author for reggae music and several of its musical off-shoots including dub, roots and dancehall. He was born in 1953 in Nottingham, England. According to The Caribbean American News, who conducted an interview with him that was published 5 March 2013, he was born to a working-class family.
In 2008 he completed an in-depth, authorised biography of Bob Marley and the Wailers called Wailing Blues: The Story of Bob Marley's Wailers for Omnibus Press, which was published in March 2008. His latest book is a biography of Peter Tosh, scheduled for release in 2011. Steppin' Razor, The Life of Peter Tosh was published in 2013 by Omnibus Press.
Away from the media, he writes label and promotional material for record companies such as Sony, Universal, Virgin, BMG and the three leading reggae independents, VP, Jet Star, and Greensleeves.
- Wailing Blues: The Story of Bob Marley's Wailers (2008), Omnibus Press, ISBN 978-1-84609-689-1
- Steppin' Razor: The Life of Peter Tosh (2013), Omnibus Press, ISBN 978.1.84772.836.4
- "'Oh, what a Rat Race!' - Wailers come to life in new book". Jamaica Gleaner. 20 May 2008. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- New statesman society, Volume 5, Issues 222-233 (1993), p. 34
- "Ear to da Streetz: Record producer Stewart Brown visits", Jamaica Gleaner, retrieved 2010-11-02