Joint Multinational Command Training Center
The Joint Multinational Training Command is a United States Army training organization located in Grafenwoehr, Bavaria, Germany. It comes under the command of the United States Army Europe. JMTC is responsible for providing and overseeing the training requirements for all US 7th Army/USAREUR soldiers. Some of the simulation software they use include JCATS, JDLM, SIMPLE, VRSG and UAV.
- Serve as principle coordinating office for all USAREUR simulations
- Provide battle simulations program management for USAREUR
- Plan, coordinate and support computer assisted and MEL driven exercises
- Provide technical simulations infrastructure through WPC to support theater training and operations
- Oversee and administer the USAREUR Battle Simulations Contract
- Develop, administer and maintain the USAREUR Battle Command Training Center
7th Army Training Command (aka 7th ATC) was established 1 July 1976. It is the command element for the Joint Multinational Training Command, comprising the Grafenwoehr and Hohenfels Training Areas; the Combined Arms Training Center in Vilseck; and the Training Support Activity, Europe at Roedelheim.
As of January 2006 the 7th ATC became known as the 7th Army Joint Multinational Training Command.
The JMTC serves as U.S. Army Europe's training staff, responsible for managing major training areas and serving as a focal point for all force and training modernization issues.
Specifically, the JMTC is responsible for single point management of training, including evaluation of training readiness and development of concepts and requirements. Individual training, including both skill-producing and career-enhancing courses, is also provided. Recent range upgrades give USAREUR the finest and most modern firing ranges and maneuver areas in the U.S. Army.
The responsibility to provide community support for JMTC installations belongs to U.S. Army Garrison Grafenwoehr. More than 15,000 soldiers and civilian employees and 9,500 family members make up the JMTC.
More facts and figures:
- The Joint Multinational Training Command, has provided Counter-Improvised Explosive Device (CIED) training to more than 5,000 multinational Soldiers, since 2010.
- Nearly 600 International Military Students from 27 countries have completed the Warrior Leader Course at the 7th Army NCO Academy, since 2003.
- In 2010 alone, the JMTC's simulations center conducted eight major Theater Engagement Exercises and 55 significant events with more than 10,000 multinational participants.
- Nearly 4,000 multinational Soldiers have completed specialized functional training at JMTC, since 2003.