Jon Hurwitz, 2012
|Born||Jonathan Benjamin Hurwitz
November 15, 1977
|Spouse(s)||Randy (2007-present; 1 child)|
Jonathan Benjamin "Jon" Hurwitz (born November 15, 1977) is an American screenwriter. He grew up in Randolph, New Jersey, and is a graduate of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania as well as an alumnus of Randolph High School.
Jon Hurwitz, with Hayden Schlossberg, wrote Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle and wrote/directed Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay. They first met and became friends in high school in Randolph, NJ, and sold their first script Filthy to MGM while seniors in college. Hurwitz was studying finance at the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School and Schlossberg a history major at the University of Chicago with plans of attending law school. Upon selling Filthy, they moved to Hollywood to begin their career in the entertainment industry.
Hurwitz and Schlossberg handled the fourth theatrical entry in the American Pie franchise, writing and directing American Reunion (2012). In addition, they have several projects in development such as Grandma vs. Grandma, which they scripted for Paramount Pictures, and 21 Shots, which they are producing with Montecito Pictures.
- 2002/03: Filthy (re-write)
- 2003: Scary Movie 3 (re-write)
- 2004: Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle (writer)
- 2008: Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (writer/director/co-producer)
- 2008: Harold & Kumar Go to Amsterdam (short) (writer/director)
- 2011: A Very Harold & Kumar Christmas (writer/co-producer)
- 2012: American Reunion (writer/director)
|This biographical article related to cinema of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|