Jorge Castañeda (footballer)
|Full name||Jorge Castañeda Reyes|
|Date of birth||12 January 1970|
|Place of birth||Guadalajara, Mexico|
|Height||1.75 metres (5 ft 9 in)|
|Playing position||Central midfielder|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19–07–10.
† Appearances (Goals).
Jorge "Tote" Castañeda Reyes (born 12 January 1970 in Guadalajara, Jalisco) is a retired professional footballer from Mexico, who played as a midfielder during his career. He was the captain of the Mexico national football team competing at the 1992 Summer Olympics in Barcelona, Spain.
In 1987, when he was eighteen, Castañeda signed with Club Atlas. He remained with Atlas until 1996. On 13 March 1997, Castañeda signed with the Colorado Rapids of Major League Soccer. He returned to Mexico and finished his career with Cruz Azul, Cruz Azul Hidalgo, Tecos de UAG, Tigrillos and Lobos de la BUAP.
- RAPIDS ACQUIRE MEXICAN SUPERSTAR JORGE "TOTE" CASTANEDA
- "Partido de ex profesionales de futbol vs Manzanillo" [Party of former professional footballers vs Manzanillo]. Correo de Manzanilla (in Spanish). Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- "El gol olímpico en Barcelona 1992, lo anoté con los ojos cerrados" (in Spanish). Linea Directa. 27 July 2012.
- Jorge Castañeda – FIFA competition record
- MLS: Tote Castaneda
- Jorge Castañeda Liga MX stats at Medio Tiempo.com (Spanish)
|This biographical article relating to Mexican association football is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|