Josh Shipp (teen expert)
Josh Shipp in 2010
January 20, 1981
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
|Occupation||Teen Behavior Expert
Josh Shipp (born January 20, 1981) is an American teen behavior expert, motivational speaker, best-selling author, and TV show host.  He is often referred to as "The Teen Whisperer." Josh began professionally speaking at age 17. He was president of Oklahoma DECA in High school. Starting in 2005, he was selected as a spokesperson for National Foster Care Month. On November 1, 2006, he launched HeyJosh.com and then wrote an advice column for CosmoGIRL! and appeared as an advice correspondent on MTV's TRL. His current projects include two television shows and a DVD series covering life skills for teenagers. In 2009 he was named to INC Magazine's 30 under 30 of successful entrepreneurs.
Shipp has starred in two documentary-style television series, Jump Shipp. In which he helped twenty-somethings stuck in dead-end jobs pursue their dream job. And Teen Trouble which aired on Lifetime and A&E. This show documented Shipp's work with at-risk teens and is executive produced by Ellen Rakieten (formerly of The Oprah Winfrey Show).
He has contributed to Good Morning America, Oprah.com, Anderson Cooper Live, MTV, CNN, The New York Times and many other media outlets.
Shipp is represented by the United Talent Agency and lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Youth motivational speaker for teens Josh Shipp
- Teen Whisperer Josh Shipp
- Inc. Magazine 30 under 30
- "Speaker Mix". Speaker Mix. Speakers Bureau. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Jump Shipp | Halogen TV
- Josh Shipp Press Kit
- Amazon.com: The Teen's Guide to World Domination: Advice on Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Awesomeness (9780312641542): Josh Shipp: Books
- Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/dp/0312646739/ref=cm_sw_su_dp (0312646739): Josh Shipp: Books