Journal of Combinatorial Theory
|Journal of Combinatorial Theory|
The Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A and Series B, are mathematical journals specializing in combinatorics and related areas. They are published by Elsevier. Series A is concerned primarily with structures, designs, and applications of combinatorics. Series B is concerned primarily with graph and matroid theory. The two series are two of the leading journals in the field and are widely known as "JCTA" and "JCTB".
Influential articles that appeared in the journal include Katona's elegant proof of the Erdős–Ko–Rado theorem and a series of papers spanning over 500 pages, appearing from 1983 to 2004, by Neil Robertson and Paul D. Seymour on the topic of graph minors, which together constitute the proof of the graph minor theorem.
A selection of a few influential articles is listed below.
- Katona, G.O.H. (1972). "A simple proof of the Erdös-Chao Ko-Rado theorem". Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B 13 (2): 183–184. doi:10.1016/0095-8956(72)90054-8.
- Robertson, Neil; P.D. Seymour (1983). "Graph Minors. I. Excluding a forest". Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B 35 (1): 39–61. doi:10.1016/0095-8956(83)90079-5.
- Robertson, Neil; P.D. Seymour (2004). "Graph Minors. XX. Wagner's conjecture". Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B 92 (2): 325–357. doi:10.1016/j.jctb.2004.08.001.
- Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A - Elsevier
- Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series B - Elsevier
- They are acknowledged on the journals' title pages and Web sites. See Editorial board of JCTA; Editorial board of JCTB.