|Single by Trace Adkins|
|from the album Proud to Be Here|
|Released||March 21, 2011|
|Label||Show Dog-Universal Music|
|Trace Adkins singles chronology|
"Just Fishin'" is the title of a song written by Casey Beathard, Monty Criswell and Ed Hill. It was recorded by American country music artist Trace Adkins, who released it in March 2011 as the first single for his second album for Show Dog-Universal Music, Proud to Be Here. on November 30, 2011, the song received a Nomination in 54th Grammy Awards for Best Country Song.
"Just Fishin'" is a song about a father who is fishing with his daughter. The little daughter only worries about catching fish but father says that they are not "just fishin'" but also making memories. It is in B major with a main chord pattern of B-E-B and a vocal range of G♯3-C♯5.
Blake Boldt of The 9513 gave the song a "thumbs up", praising the "sharp details" and "little snapshots of domestic bliss" in the lyrics. It received a four-out-of-five star rating from Matt Bjorke of Roughstock, who said that it "finds Trace comfortably back in father mode". Both Bjorke and Boldt compared the song favorably to Adkins' earlier singles "Then They Do" and "You're Gonna Miss This". Kevin John Coyne, reviewing the song for Country Universe, gave it a B rating, saying that he wished the song weren't "quite so heavy-handed about driving home the theme; a subtler approach could have made it a Strait-type classic." 
The music video was directed by Trey Fanjoy and premiered in June 2011. It features Trace and his youngest daughter, Trinity.
"Just Fishin'" entered the Hot Country Songs charts at number 40 on the chart dated for the week ending April 9, 2011. It also debuted at number 98 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of June 18, 2011. On the chart dated September 10, 2011, "Just Fishin'" entered the Top Ten, giving Adkins his first Top Ten single since "You're Gonna Miss This" in 2008. It peaked at number 6 in October 2011.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||6|
|US Billboard Hot 100||61|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||9|
- Bonaguro, Alison (26 April 2011). "OFFSTAGE: Trace Adkins Reels Me In". CMT. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Just Fishin' sheet music". MusicNotes.com. Retrieved 21 November 2012.
- Boldt, Blake (21 March 2011). "Trace Adkins — "Just Fishin'"". The 9513. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- Bjorke, Matt (21 April 2011). "Trace Adkins — "Just Fishin'"". Roughstock. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- Coyne, Kevin John (June 9, 2011). "5 Five-Second Single Reviews: Trace Adkins, Jason Aldean, The Dirt Drifters, OCMS, Darius Rucker". Country Universe. Retrieved July 19, 2011.
- Morris, Edward (2 April 2011). "Thompson Square Get First No. 1 With "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not"". CMT. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Trace Adkins Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Trace Adkins.
- "Trace Adkins Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Trace Adkins.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.