|City of license||Pleasantville, Iowa|
|Broadcast area||Des Moines, Iowa|
|HAAT||77.7 meters (255 ft)|
|Former callsigns||KZWU (2007-2011)
|Affiliations||Iowa Public Radio|
|Owner||Iowa State University
(Iowa State University of Science and Technology)
|Website||Iowa Public Radio|
KICL (96.3 FM) is an American radio station licensed to Pleasantville, Iowa, USA. The station serves the Des Moines area. A sale of KICP and sister station KICL to Iowa State University was completed in early November 2011. Both stations went silent upon completion of the sale, but returned to the air on November 21, 2011 airing Iowa Public Radio's Classical Network.
The station has obtained a construction permit from the FCC for a power increase to 6,000 watts.
On August 5, 2011, Connoisseur announced the sale of both KZHZ (now KICP) and KZHC (now KICL) to Iowa Public Radio, which announced plans to convert the two stations into non-commercial outlets. The sale closed on October 31, 2011. The stations are planned to broadcast a 24-hour a day classical music format.
On November 1, 2011 KZHC changed their call letters to KICL.
- "KICL Facility Record". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division. Retrieved 2011-01-18.
- "Connoisseur Media sells its Des Moines-area FMs to Iowa Public Radio" from Radio-Info (August 5, 2011)
- Query the FCC's FM station database for KICL
- Radio-Locator information on KICL
- Query Nielsen Audio's FM station database for KICL
|This article about a radio station in Iowa is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|