From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|City of license||Tempe, Arizona|
|Broadcast area||Phoenix metropolitan area|
|Branding||Radio Disney Phoenix|
|Frequency||1580 kHz (also on HD Radio)|
|First air date||June 1, 1960|
|Callsign meaning||Disney Character MIcKey Mouse|
|Former callsigns||KTUF (?-1990)
|Owner||ABC, Inc. (Disney)
(Radio Disney Group, LLC)
The station was assigned the call letters KCWW on New Year's Day 1990. On May 1, 1990, the station changed its call sign to KNIX. On December 4, 1998, the callsign was changed to the current KMIK.
- "KMIK Call Sign History". United States Federal Communications Commission, audio division.
- Lafayette, Jon (August 13, 2014). "Exclusive: Radio Disney Moving Off Air to Digital". Retrieved August 13, 2014.
- "Radio Disney to Sell the Majority of Its Stations". Billboard. Retrieved 13 August 2014.
- Radio Disney's website
- Query the FCC's AM station database for KMIK
- Radio-Locator Information on KMIK
- Query Nielsen Audio's AM station database for KMIK
|This article about a radio station in Arizona is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|