|Competitor for Great Britain|
|Women's Modern Pentathlon|
|Bronze||2012 Rome||Team Relay|
|Silver||2008 Budapest||Women's Team|
|Silver||2008 Budapest||Team Relay|
|Bronze||2008 Budapest||Women's Individual|
|Gold||2007 Berlin||Team Relay|
|Silver||2006 Guatemala||Team Relay|
|Gold||2007 Riga||Team Relay|
Whilst at school she was a member of the running club, New Marske Harriers and swimming club, Saltburn and Marske, and played netball at a county level for Cleveland. Livingston trains at the University of Bath, where she completed a degree in Coach Education and Sports Development. She is a supporter of Sheffield Wednesday football club, and says that her earliest memory of major sporting event is going with her father to watch one of their matches.
Between 2003 and 2005 Livingston competed at three World Junior Championships, winning team gold medals in 2003, in Athens, and 2005, in Moscow and relay silver medals in 2003 and 2004. She also won team silver at the 2004 European Junior Championships.
In May 2007 she won a silver at the Moscow senior World Cup event. In June at the European Championships in Riga she finished 6th in the individual event, qualifying her for the 2008 Olympics. She also won a silver medal in the team event, with Georgina Harland and Mhairi Spence, and gold in the team relay event, with Harland and Heather Fell. These performances led to her being named the British Olympic Association’s modern pentathlon Olympic athlete of the year for 2007. However at the 2007 World Championships, in Berlin, she twice fell from her horse in the equestrian discipline, dropping from first to last place overall.
At the 2008 Summer Olympics, in Beijing, Livingston finished 7th overall in the women's individual event. In the first discipline, the air pistol shooting, she scored 178 out of a possible 200, this corresponded to 1072 points and 17th place. Results of 808 points in the fencing, 1282 points in the freestyle swimming, and 1172 points in the equestrian followed, leaving her in 9th position heading into the 3000 m run. Livingston completed the run in 10 minutes 29.47, a time worth 1204 points, giving her a final total of 5548 points.
In December 2011, Livingstone was one of 12 British female sporting celebrities who posed for Clara Maidment a charity calendar in aid of Wellbeing of Women, in the lingerie of Nichole de Carle, wearing jewellry by Salima Hughes and Coster Diamonds.
- "Team GB > Beijing 2008 > Athlete profile > Katy Livingston". Website of the BOA. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- Davies, Gareth A (2008-09-17). "My Sport: Katy Livingston". London: The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- "Athlete Biography". University of Bath website. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- Middleton, Claire (2008-08-20). "Katy Livingston and Heather Fell hope to avoid 'rodeo rides’ in modern pentathlon". London: The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- "Brits to watch: Katy Livingston". BBC Sport. 2008-08-04. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- "Schoneborn pips GB's Fell to gold". BBC Sport. 2008-08-22. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- "Results Women's Shooting 10m Air Pistol". The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- "Results Women's Fencing Epee One Touch". The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- "Results Women's Swimming 200m Freestyle". The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- "Results Women's Riding Show Jumping". The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- "Results Women's Running 3000m". The Official Website of the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. Retrieved 2008-09-20.
- Rawi, Maysa (2011-12-22). "Sporting calendar girls! Team GB model for charity shoot ahead of 2012 Olympics". Daily Mail.