Kayima of Buganda
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Ssekabaka Kayima Sendikaddiwa|
|Kabaka of Buganda|
|Reign||1494 - 1524|
|Predecessor||Kiggala of Buganda|
|Successor||Nakibinge of Buganda|
|Spouse||1. Lady Nababinge
2. Lady Naddogo
Claim to the throne
He was the son of Prince (Omulangira) Wampamba, by his first wife, Lady Nakayima. He ascended the throne upon the death of his grandfather, Kiggala Mukaabya in 1494. He established his capital at Nazigo Hill.
He had two wives:
- Nababinge, daughter of Wampona, of the Mamba clan
- Naddogo, daughter of Kasujja, of the Ngeye clan
He fathered two sons:
- Kabaka Nakibinge Kagali, whose mother was Nababinge
- Prince (Omulangira) Kabasanda, whose mother was Naddogo
The final years
|King of Buganda
- "Life History of Kabaka Kayima". Royalark.net. Retrieved 4 October 2014.
- "Ssekabaka Kayima Is Buried At Nabulagala, Busiro". Buganda.com. Retrieved 4 October 2014.