|Notable students||Alson Yuen, Patrick Au, Don Cheung, Kam Chu, Ben Der,Carl Dechiara|
Kenneth Chung (鐘萬年 / Chung Maan-Nin) is a premiere student of the late Leung Sheung, one of the top 3 students of Yip Man. His wing chun emphasizes structure and relaxation over speed and strength, resulting in a soft yet powerful force.
In 2003, the City of Cupertino, California proclaimed August 23 to be Kenneth Chung Day in acknowledgment of his service to the Cupertino and San Francisco Bay Area communities and to the thousands of Wing Chun students he has taught throughout the United States.
He currently teaches at the Stanford University Wing Chun Club. He also conducts seminars worldwide. On September 1, 2011 Sifu Chung was awarded the 7th World Ving Tsun 2011 Hall of Fame, Sifu of the Year Award from the World Ving Tsun Athletic Association.
|Lineage in Wing Chun|
Yip Man (葉問)
Leung Sheung (梁相)
- Eckert, Kris (1992). "The Soft Force of Wing Chun", Inside Kung-Fu, February 1992.
- Raamsdonk, Ray van (1995). "Lessons from Ken Chung", WingChunKuen.com.
- Cupertino, California, press release (2003). "City of Cupertino Proclaims Kenneth Chung Day".
- Worldwide Leung Sheung Lineage Association
- Stanford University Wing Chun Club
- Northeast Wing Chun Student Association
- San Jose Wing Chun Club
- Leung Sheung Wing Chun (Singapore)
|This Chinese biographical article related to martial artists is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|