Kevin Anderson (basketball)
|No. 44 – Aliağa Petkim|
|League||Turkish Basketball League|
December 21, 1988 |
|Listed height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Listed weight||175 lb (79 kg)|
|High school||Whitefield Academy
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
|Pro playing career||2011–present|
|2013||SAM Massagno Basket|
|Career highlights and awards|
Kevin Anderson (born December 21, 1988) is an American professional basketball player. Anderson is the 38th player in Richmond history to surpass 1,000 points and only the 12th player to accomplish that feat in his junior year (2009–10). On February 26, 2011, Anderson became the third player in Richmond men's basketball history to surpass 2,000 career points.
Prior to the beginning of the season, Anderson was named to the preseason watch list for the Naismith College Player of the Year award. Anderson was also named one of 50 preseason candidates for the John R. Wooden Award and one of 30 men's basketball candidates for the Lowe's Senior CLASS Award.
Anderson was also named one of 20 finalists for the Bob Cousy Award, given to the top men's collegiate point guard. He was recognized as an All-Fourth District first-team selection by the National Association of Basketball Coaches making him eligible for the State Farm Division I All‐America teams. Since the Atlantic 10 Conference was its own district, this is equivalent to being named first team All-Atlantic 10 by the NABC. At the conclusion of the 2011 Atlantic 10 Men's Basketball Tournament, Anderson was named most outstanding player for his role in leading Richmond to the championship title.
- Richmond rolls past Charlotte 72-59
- "Kevin Anderson Profile". richmondspiders.com. 2010. Retrieved December 6, 2010.
- Haller, Doug (December 5, 2010). "ASU falls to Richmond, another tough basketball foe". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved December 6, 2010.
- Duke University Leads a Diverse Pack on the Naismith Preseason Watch List
- 2010-2011 Men’s Preseason Top 50 Candidates - Wooden Award
- Men's Basketball | Lowe's Senior CLASS Award
- Basketball Hall of Fame Announces 20 Finalists for Bob Cousy Award
- "National Association of Basketball Coaches Announces 2011 Division I All-District Teams" (PDF). National Association of Basketball Coaches. March 9, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "2008–09 NABC Division I Men's Basketball District Realignment". National Association of Basketball Coaches. Retrieved July 19, 2010.
- SIG Strasbourg lands rookie Kevin Anderson
- Cavs waive Anderson, Holiday
- Charge Announce 2012-13 Training Camp Roster
- Charge Waive Anderson