- For the fictitious production company of the same name, see Made in Canada.
Pyramid Productions is a large independent Canadian television series producer with multiple series in production and more than 20 on the air around the world. Pyramid delivered over 400 programs in the last fiscal year.
Formed in 1983, Pyramid’s first series, The Movie Show, aired for 17 years and was broadcast in over 70 countries.
Specialists in entertainment and celebrity programming, the company’s best-known series include Whatever Happened To?, Inside Hollywood and numerous episodes of Biography for A&E. Other clients include PBS, CBC, ABC Australia, ZDF, History Channel UK, Global Television, CTV, Movie Central, Bravo!, HBO Asia, Court TV, Animal Planet and The Movie Network.
In a World Created By a Drunken God, Pyramid’s first dramatic feature, was nominated for three Gemini Awards (Canada’s Emmys). It won Best Feature at the 2009 World Indigenous Film Awards and was chosen to open the 33rd annual American Indian Film Festival in San Francisco.
The Film Festival Project won a Silver Medal winner at the New York Festivals International TV Broadcasting Awards, while Pyramid’s global-warming documentary Thin Ice: Saattuq was screened at the International Documentary Festival of Amsterdam, Planet in Focus International Environmental Film and Video Festival and Greendance Film Festival. Pyramid was a finalist for the 2007 CTV Canadian Documart competition and winner of the 2008 Pitch It! UKTV Lifestyle competition.
Pyramid also has a large corporate division with clients including Cineplex Entertainment and the Government of Alberta.
Pyramid has over 70 employees at its headquarters — a state-of-the-art 26,000-square-foot (2,400 m2) facility in southeast Calgary. The facility is fully equipped to produce High Definition programming with two soundstages (4,400 sq ft), nine editing suites, in-house graphics/animation and sound.
- “Movie Show celebrates its 2,000th episode”, Bob Blakey, Calgary Herald. 1998. pg. D.9
- Channel Canada
- Global Television Press Release
- 24th Annual Gemini Awards
- American Indian Motion Pictures Awards Announcement
- 2008 Television Broadcasting Awards
- 22nd International Documentary Film Festival Amsterdam
- Planet in Focus Official Site
- 2008 Greendance Film Festival Program
- Playback magazine
- "Regional winner is squeaky clean", National Post. Oct 10, 2003. pg. FP.07
- "Calgary company at awards", Bob Blakey. Calgary Herald. Calgary, Alta.: Feb 23, 2003. pg. E.1.FRO Alberta gov award