January 15, 1972 
|Other names||Brooke Young, Blake Young, Carla Scott|
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Spouse(s)||Mark Davis (1997-1999) (divorced)|
|No. of adult films||101 (per IAFD)|
Kobe Tai (born January 15, 1972) is a Taiwanese-born American former pornographic actress and adult model. She entered the adult film industry at the age of 24, and appeared in over 70 films between 1996 and 2003. She was married to porn actor Mark Davis, with whom she often performed, but is now divorced from him. She was a contract performer with Vivid Entertainment. Her stage name was initially spelled Coby Ty, but Steven Hirsch modified it to make it sound more ethnic for marketing purposes. In 2011, Complex ranked her first on its list of "The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time". She married fellow pornographic actor Steven Scott, who performs under the name Mark Davis in 1997. They divorced in 1999. During their married years and subsequently, she would sometimes use the name "Carla Scott Carter", with "Scott" being her husband's real surname.
Tai's biological mother was Chinese and her biological father was Japanese. She was adopted by American parents when she was five months old. She moved to the United States when her adoptive father, who was a Chief Yeoman in the Navy, was transferred to Mar San Diego.
In addition to her roles in porn films, Tai appeared in the mainstream movie Very Bad Things, portraying a stripper who is accidentally killed at a bachelor party. She has appeared on The Man Show and The Helmetcam Show. She did background vocals for Marilyn Manson's song, "New Model No. 15", on the album Mechanical Animals.
She attended the Big Apple Anime Fest, held in New York City in October 2001, for her voice role in the OVA Koihime, and was an Opening Night Guest of Honor along with Asia Carrera at the fest's Midnight Anime Concourse.
She self-identifies as bisexual.
Awards and nominations
|1997||Hot d'Or Award||Won||Best American Starlet||N/A|
|2000||AVN Award||Nominated||Best Supporting Actress, Film||The Awakening|
|Nominated||Best Group Sex Scene, Film (with Cheyne Collins, Evan Stone & Andrew Youngman)|
|XRCO Award||Nominated||Actress (Single Performance)|
- Kobe Tai at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Damon Shavers (1998-11-30). "Kobe Tai". Retrieved 2014-10-03.
- Jared Rutter (2009-09-30). "Vivid's 25th Anniversary: How Steven Hirsch's Company Thrust Porn Into Mainstream America". AVN.com. Retrieved 2009-11-12.
- Gabriel Alvarez (2011-09-19). "The Top 50 Hottest Asian Porn Stars of All Time". Complex. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- "Kobe Tai". IMDB.com. Retrieved 2008-11-18.
- "Porn Goes Public - Industry Trend or Event", The Industry Standard, November 6, 2000, by Kenneth Li. Archived on Findarticles.com. Retrieved 2007-09-18.
- "BAAF Wrap-up PR". Anime News Network. November 14, 2001. Retrieved 2010-05-20.
- "Interview with Kobe Tai". Mentertainment.com. 1972-01-15. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "6ème cérémonie des Hot d'Or". Hot d'Or. Retrieved 2014-03-07.
- "AVN 2000 Nominations". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2000-03-02. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
- "Xrco nominations". AVN. 2000-03-14. Retrieved 2013-08-02.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kobe Tai.|