Korea University of Technology and Education
|Korea University of Technology and Education|
|Motto||Search for a truth or a solution based on established facts|
|Location||Cheon-An, Chungnam Province, South Korea|
||This biographical article is written like a résumé. (December 2007)|
The Korea University of Technology and Education, or KOREA TECH (Hangeul: 한국기술교육대학교, Hanja: 韓國技術敎育大學校) is a university in Cheonan, South Chungcheong, South Korea. The university was opened in 1991 and its current president is Dr. Un-ki Jeon.
The Korea University of Technology and Education (abbreviated KOREA TECH) is a government-supported university specializing in teaching practical engineering and HRD. KOREA TECH is highly regarded for its 100% graduate career placement (#1 in Korea) for 13 consecutive years, which is the result of its practical engineering program. In 2012, freshman profile was within top 10% in Korean SAT scores.
KOREA TECH(Korea University of Technology and Education was founded in 1991 with government funding (Ministry of Labor), initially for fostering vocational school instructors. Since then, its role has expanded to include educating engineers and HRD specialists to qualify in both practical skills and teaching ability. In 1998, to re-educate vocational school instructors and field engineers, KOREA TECH established an auxiliary institute, the Human Resources Development Institute (HRDI), with government aid. At this institute, over 11,000 trainees participated in one week to 6 month program in new technology and teaching methods in 2007. To develop cooperation and to close the technology gap between major and small-and-medium sized industries, KOREA TECH founded the KOREA TECH-Samsung Advanced Electronics Technology Education Center in 2004. At this center, over 1,900 engineers from Samsung Electronics and its affiliates have participated in one to two week program in 2007. *
- Undergraduate 3,600
- New Admission 940 in 2011
- Graduate school 486(M.A., Ph.D)
- Total Faculty 278
- Full-time: 159(Faculty), 28(Research Fellow)
- Part-time: 29(Faculty), 62(Associate)
- Student Faculty Ratio 12 to 1
- Tier 1 Highly competitive
Competition Rate 10.2:1
- Class of 2011(Freshman) Profile
Top 14.2% in Korean SAT
|Electric, Electronics & Communication Engineering||O||O||O|
|Industrial Design Engineering(Dept.)||O||O||O|
|Management of Technology||O||O|
|Human Resources Development||O||O|
- Human Resources Development Institute
- Vocational School Instructors
- Professional Engineers & Technicians
- KOREA TECH-Samsung Electronics Advanced Technology education Center
- Engineer Training for Samsung and its Affiliates companies
- Employment & Labor Training Institute
- Education for Civil Servants, Private Employers and Labor Unions
KOREA TECH was established by the government (Ministry of Labor) in 1991 based on the educational philosophy of “seeking truth from the facts,” with a focus on engineering and human resource development. Through a house-designed “KOREA TECH Engineering Education Model” it offers a 50:50 combination of theory and practice, with a strong emphasis on developing talents with strengths in practice.
Rankings and Reputation
The Korea Council for University Education (KCUE), which conducts engineering accreditation every five years, ranked KOREA TECH in the 'best group' of universities in Korea in the fields of Mechanical and IT Engineering in 2006 and in 2007. In 2010, in Joong-Ang Daily's* Nation Wide University Evaluation, KOREA TECH ranked highly in many evaluation categories, such as:
- Education Centered University (Rank #1)
- After-Graduation Employment (Rank #1)
- Educational Environment (Rank #9)
- Dormitory Accommodation (Rank #3)
- University Ranking without Medical School (Rank #8)
- Cost Expense Return Rate (Rank #3)
Joong-Ang Daily is the second-largest daily newspaper in Korea.
KOREA TECH's admissions process is highly selective. In the 2012 academic year, KOREA TECH admitted 1,119 students out of 9,609 applicants. The freshmen were in the top 10% of Korea's SAT scores.
Most KOREA TECH students (nearly 70%) live in campus dormitories. There are many amenities, such as a bank, convenience store, coffee shop and fitness center. All labs and lecture rooms are open to the students around the clock. There are two major student events: the 'Han-Maek' Festival (Spring semester) and the Graduation Exhibition (Fall semester). During those times, KOREA TECH is open to the public so that everyone can enjoy the festivals and the exhibition of students' graduation projects together.
- Educational Philosophy
- KOREA TECH’s educational philosophy is “Seek Truth from the Facts”
- Educational Goal
- KOREA TECH’s educational goal is the contribution to national development and mankind’s prosperity together with self-realization through the educational system fostering creative thinking and field-focused techniques.
- Educational Objective
- KOREA TECH’s educational objective is fostering vocational and technical teachers and HRD specialists toward the ability-valued society with the unique technical theory and its extensive and multiple application based on excellent research and teachings.
Korea Tech symbol
- 20th Anniversary Renewed Symbol
- Renewed Sysmbol seems to the semiconductor, it was designed for Korea's best Institute of Technology, initial 'K(Korea)' and 'T(Technology)'.
- The logo expresses representation and expertise of Institute of Technology
- Mascot Character
- Character of dragon symbolizes KOREA TECH’s active, challenging and friendly image
- Official homepage (Korean)
- Official homepage (English)
- BioRobotics Laboratory
- Laboratory of Intelligent Networks (LINK)
- Interaction Laboratory
- TEAM SYNERGY (Synteam)