|Elevation||1 m (3 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Kothapeta or Kottapeta is a town and a mandal headquarters in East Godavari district in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. The town is approximately 30 kilometers from Amalapuram and 45 kilometers from Rajahmundry.
Kothapeta is located at  It has an average elevation of 1 metres (6 ft)..
The population of Kothapeta town is inconclusive. But various reports put the figure at 75,000 (2006). Kothapeta caters to around seven nearby villages. Most of the residents from the surrounding villages come to Kothapeta for their daily needs ranging from banking, educational and governmental needs.
Major banks like State Bank of India, Andhra Bank, State Bank of Hyderabad(recently opened), District co-operative Central banks are all located in Kothapeta.
There is a major government general hospital with the latest equipment. Also there are several private nursing homes with the latest equipment.
A P Fire Services department is also stationed here, and serves the nearby villages and other mandals too.
The majority of the people depend on agriculture and other general business besides job holders. The agricultural marketing committee is very huge and contributes a lot to the panchayat revenue. Monday is the weekly Shandy day (generally called by the folks as Somavaram Santha).
Kothapeta is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. Chirla JaggiReddy is the M.L.A of the constituency.
Schools and colleges
- Pragna Concept School
- Priyadarsini Balavihar School
- Vishali Public school(English Medium),Kothapeta
- Viswa Kavi Vemana Government Degree College
- Government Junior College
- Government Boys High School
- Chintam Ammanamma Zilla Parishad Girls High School
- Sri Siddhardha Junior College
- Sri Sathabdhi Degree College
- Kanthi Bharathi convent School
- Vidya Bala Mandir School
- Sri Satya Sai Bala Vijnana Mandir
- Zilla Parishad High School, Vadapalem
- Sri Satya Sai pg college, Palivela
- Zilla Parishad High School,Devarapalli
- kanthi bharathi junior college
- S.S.R.Collage of Education (B.Ed College)
///INTERNET POINT//////////ě NAGA VIJAYA LAKSHMI ENTERPRISES, INTERNET CAFE OPP STATE BANK OF HYDERABAD MAIN ROAD KOTHAPETA 533223 CELL NO:- 9492808939 ANDHRA PRADESH
- Lakshmi Narayana UFO (Earlier popularly known as Maruthi theatre)
- Satya Chandra QUBE
- Sri Satya QUBE
- Sri Satyanarayana UFO
- Sri Siddhi Vinayaka Temple(Kowsic Road)
- Sri Shirdi Saibaba Temple
Sankranthi (Prabhala Theertham)-The Prabhala Theertham celebrations are the best in the entire Konaseema region. The celebrations include various cultural programs ranging from display of the various Prabhas the procession of Lord Veerabhadra's prabha, song and dance programs.The other important highlight of the festival is the grand display of fireworks that takes place in the early hours between three groups.
Bangarammma Thalli Theertham
Siva Ratri is celebrated in the famous Palivela Koppeswara Swamy temple.
Sri Srivalli Devasena samata subrhamayanwara swami vare Tempel in Vadapalem Famous and Naturally Climate in vadapallem Village
Thallama Thalli festival is very famous in kothapeta, every year ugadi day this festival will satarted. this temple is very bueautiful and amazing .this temple located in Kammireddipalam.