|Genre||Romance, Paranormal, Young-adult fiction, Children's literature, Fantasy, Historical|
Kresley Cole is a #1 New York Times bestselling author of paranormal romance and young adult novels. She has received three Romance Writers of America RITA Awards and was the 14th member to be inducted into the RWA Hall of Fame.
- 1 Biography
- 2 Bibliography
- 3 Awards and reception
- 4 References
- 5 External links
Cole received a BA and an MA in English at university, and it was while she was getting her Master's that she first started writing romance. Cole said, "This was much more interesting to me than explicating Foucault or trying to divine translation theory, but I forced myself to put the fiction writing on the backburner so I could complete the masters (though I did find a way to research this historical romance and get credit for it!). I started writing The Captain of All Pleasures within a month of defending my thesis. I can't say that writing romance is easier or harder to write than non-fiction, but it's definitely much more rewarding for me." Six months after completing her first novel, it sold.
Before becoming a writer, she was a world-ranked athlete as well as a coach. She lives with her husband in Florida.
The Immortals After Dark series (Paranormal Romance)
- The Warlord Wants Forever. Pocket. ISBN 978-1-4165-1087-1.
- A Hunger Like No Other. Pocket Star. ISBN 978-1-4165-0987-5.
- No Rest for the Wicked. Pocket Star. ISBN 978-1-4165-0988-2.
- Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night. Pocket Star. ISBN 978-1-4165-4703-7.
- Dark Needs at Night's Edge. Pocket. ISBN 978-1-4165-4707-5.
- Dark Desires After Dusk. Pocket. ISBN 978-1-4165-7675-4.
- Kiss of a Demon King. Pocket. January 2009 . ISBN 978-1-4165-8094-2.
- Deep Kiss of Winter. Pocket. October 2009 . ISBN 978-1-4391-5966-8. (Duology with Gena Showalter)
- Pleasure of a Dark Prince. Pocket. February 2010 . ISBN 978-1-4165-8095-9.
- Demon from the Dark. Pocket. August 2010 . ISBN 978-1-4391-2312-6.
- Dreams of a Dark Warrior. Pocket. February 2011 . ISBN 978-1-4391-3680-5.
- Lothaire. Gallery. January 2012 . ISBN 978-1-4391-3682-9.
- Shadow's Claim. Pocket. November 2012 . ISBN 978-1-4516-5005-1.
- MacRieve. Gallery. July 2013 . ISBN 978-1-4516-4991-8.
- Dark Skye. Gallery. August 2014 . ISBN 978-1-4516-4994-9.
- "The Warlord Wants Forever" in Playing Easy To Get (Pocket, 2006) (anthology with Sherrilyn Kenyon and Jaid Black) ISBN 978-1-4165-1087-1 - introduces the Immortals After Dark series.
The Arcana Chronicles series (YA)
- Poison Princess. Simon & Schuster. October 2012 . ISBN 978-1-4424-3664-0.
- Endless Knight. Simon & Schuster. October 2013 . ISBN 978-1-4424-3667-1.
- Dead of Winter. Simon & Schuster. January 2015 . ISBN 978-1-4814-2345-8.
The Game Maker series (Contemporary Romance)
- The Professional. Gallery. ISBN 978-1-4767-6231-9.
- The Master. Simon & Schuster. February 2015 . ISBN 978-1-4711-1389-5.
The Sutherland Brothers series (Historical Romance)
The MacCarrick Brothers trilogy(Historical Romance)
- If You Dare. Pocket. ISBN 978-1-4165-4094-6.
- If You Desire. Pocket. ISBN 978-1-4165-0360-6.
- If You Deceive. Pocket. ISBN 978-1-4165-0361-3.
Awards and reception
- 2003 - Reviewers' International Award of Excellence nominee
- 2003 - Romantic Times Reviewers Choice award for Best First Historical Romance for The Captain of All Pleasures
- 2004 - Scribesworld Reviewers' Choice Award Winner
- 2005 - Barclay Gold Winner
- 2005 - Romantic Times Reviewers Choice award for Best Historical Romantic Adventure for If You Dare
- 2006 - P.E.A.R.L. Award (Paranormal Excellence Award for Romantic Literature)
- 2007 - Romance Writers of America RITA Award for Best Paranormal Romance for A Hunger Like No Other
- 2010 - Romance Writers of America RITA Award for Best Paranormal Romance with Kiss of a Demon King
- 2013 - Inducted as only the 14th member of the Romance Writers of America Hall of Fame
- 2013 - Romance Writers of America RITA Award for Best Paranormal Romance with Shadow's Claim
She hit #1 on the New York Times Bestseller List the week of February 8th 2009 for Kiss of a Demon King and again on March 6th 2011 for Dreams of a Dark Warrior.. She's made the top 20 in this list with other titles over the years.