Last Days on Earth
The show counts down the seven most likely ways in which the world could end, including gamma ray bursts, machine rule, asteroids, super volcanoes, nuclear war, pandemic flu, and climate change. It includes input from a number of scientists including Michio Kaku, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking and Kevin Warwick. In 2007 it received an Emmy nomination for its graphic and artistic design.
These are organized from least likely to most likely:
- Number seven was actually two alternate views of what could happen to a star and how it could destroy life on earth.
- Intelligent Machines
- Nuclear War
- Climate Change (Global Warming)
- Last Days on Earth 20/20, ABC News, 2006-08-31
- Moon, Troy (2009-01-05). "End of the world still a big seller". Pensacola News Journal. Retrieved 3 November 2011.
- Nominees for the News & Documentary Emmy Awards in 32 Categories Announced by NATAS Media Center, National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences
|This article about a non-fiction television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a television show originating in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|