|Born||Lee Gordon Demarbre
8 March 1972
Lee Gordon Demarbre (born 8 March 1972 in Chicoutimi, Quebec) is a Canadian cult film maker. As the president and key person in the Ottawa, Ontario based Odessa Filmworks production company, he has led the creation of several internationally-shown films such as Harry Knuckles and the Pearl Necklace and Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.
Demarbre graduated from St Matthew Catholic High School in Orleans, Ontario in 1990 then graduated from Carleton University's film studies programme. In 1998, his short film trailer martial arts movie spoof Harry Knuckles garnered attention and led to longer form versions featuring the Harry Knuckles character. This led to a debut full-length feature film, Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter which featured many of the actors from the earlier Harry Knuckles films.
In January 2007, Demarbre directed the Odessa's project The Dead Sleep Easy, filmed on location in Mexico and starring Ian Hodgkinson. His movie Smash Cut was released in 2009 after post-production from July 2008.
He is also host of the weekly Ottawa film talk radio programme Drunken Master Revue on CKCU-FM. He also presents "Saturday Night Sinema", which is a monthly showcase of rare or classic cult film prints at the Mayfair Theatre.
- Renda, Emma (27 February 2009). "Living at the Movie House". The Charlatan. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- Where Ottawa: Saturday Night Sinema
- MacInnis, Craig (16 May 2000). "Cannes' Can-Con: Meet Ottawa's Lee Demarbre and his Harry Knuckles". National Post. p. B2. Profile of Demarbre as he was promoting Harry Knuckles and the Treasure of the Aztec Mummy at the Cannes Film Festival.
- Pearce, Tralee (10 May 2000). "A scruffy genre-bender hits the glitz". The Globe and Mail. p. R1. Further coverage of Demarbre and his film at Cannes.
- Deachman, Bruce (29 October 2004). "Local boy makes bad, but he won't knuckle under to convention". Ottawa Citizen. p. D2. Profile of Demarbre and the release of his film, Harry Knuckles and the Pearl Necklace.
- Odessa Filmworks: Lee Demarbre profile
- MySpace: Lee Demarbre / Odessa Filmworks
- Ottawa XPress: Film - Harry Knuckles and the Pearl Necklace
- Slamdance Festival: Lee Demarbre profile
- Lee Demarbre at the Internet Movie Database
|This article about a Canadian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|