From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Early and personal life
He made his debut in the National Basketball Association on November 1, 1946. He led the New York Knicks in scoring (14 points) in the first-ever game in NBA history, as the Knicks beat the Toronto Huskies 68-66.
- "Leo Gottlieb NBA & ABA Statistics". Basketball-Reference.com. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Charles Salzberg (1998). From Set Shot to Slam Dunk: The Glory Days of Basketball in the Words of Those Who Played It. U of Nebraska Press. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- "Gottlieb, Leo 'Ace'". Jews In Sports @ Virtual Museum. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- "Jewish Sports Hall of Fame". Jewishsports.org. March 29, 1998. Retrieved August 11, 2011.
- Art Shamsky, Barry Zeman. The magnificent seasons. Retrieved August 11, 2011.