|Full name||Leon Cameron|
|Date of birth||2 September 1972|
|Original team||South Warrnambool|
|Height/Weight||185 cm / 82 kg|
|Current club||Greater Western Sydney|
|2014–||Greater Western Sydney||22 (6–16-0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to end of 2003 season.
3 Coaching statistics correct as of 2014.
AFL playing career
AFL Coaching career
Assistant coaching roles
After retirement Cameron returned to the Bulldogs as an assistant coach from 2004 to the end of 2010. In September 2010 he accepted an assistant coaching role with Hawthorn. Cameron then joined Greater Western Sydney as the senior assistant coach for the 2013 season with a contract that appoints him as senior coach from 2014.
First senior coaching role
On 1 September 2013, after Kevin Sheedy coached his 679th and final game as a senior coach in the VFL-AFL, the competing teams formed a guard of honour for Sheedy and a handover ceremony took place with Sheedy passing the baton to Leon Cameron who succeeded him as senior coach. Cameron's contract, signed in October 2012, stipulated one year as senior assistant coach to Sheedy and then 3 years as the senior coach.
|†||Denotes seasons in which Cameron won an AFL Premiership|
|Led the league for the Season only*|
|Led the league after finals only*|
|Led the league after Season and Finals*|
*10 games required to be eligible.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
|Season||Team||Games Coached||Wins||Losses||Draws||Points %||Ladder Position||League Teams|
* = Unfinished season
- "Gary Ablett stars as Kevin Sheedy's coaching career ends with an 83-point loss", News Ltd, 1 September 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- Mithen, Anthony (3 September 1995). "Cameron hopes success will rub off on Dogs". The Age. p. 40.
- Greenberg, Tony (2012-10-19). "Top 20 Tiger trade pick-ups: No. 9". Richmond Football Club. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- Lane, Samantha (28 August 2011). "The pick of the litter". The Sunday Age. p. 5.
- Cowley, Michael (4 October 2012). "Port to miss as Cameron goes north". The Age.
- "Cameron the future for GWS", Sydney Morning Herald, 4 October 2013. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- Leon Cameron's player profile at AFL Tables
- Leon Cameron's coaching profile at AFL Tables
|Western Bulldogs Best and Fairest winner
|This Australian rules football biography of a person born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|