Liana K in 2008 doing cosplay as Dawn
February 15, 1978 |
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Occupation||Television entertainer and video game journalist|
Liana Kerzner, also known by her stage name Liana K, is a Canada-based television host, writer and producer who co-hosted the talk show Ed & Red's Night Party with her husband Steven. She is a video game journalist, a hobbyist cosplayer, and a former model. She identifies as a sex-positive feminist.
Liana Kerzer was born in 1978 in Toronto, Ontario, and is ethnically and religiously Jewish. She has been active as a performer in theatre and competitive dance from a young age, and abortively studied English literature and anthropology at York University.
Kerzner abandoned her academic studies in 1997, when she was hired for behind-the-scenes work on Ed's Night Party with Steven Kerzner, whom she married in 1999 after four years of being together. She eventually earned the positions of senior producer and co-head writer of the Ed's Night Party. By 2004, she joined Ed the Sock, voiced by her husband, to become the first female co-host on the show (renamed Ed & Red's Night Party) for which she was producer, writer, and co-host. Kerzner has also been involved in many of Ed the Sock's other media projects, including the annual Fromage specials and Smartass: The Ed the Sock Report (also known as Smart Ass), both on the Canadian cable television music and variety show television channel MuchMusic. She has written for the Accidental Comics series Ed and Red's Comic Strip (in which she appears in both photographs and art), and has appeared at a number of comic book and science fiction fan conventions to promote the comic and Ed's Night Party. From the fall of 2009 to September 2010, Liana and Steven Kerzner were the hosts of the weekly radio show Sunday Nights with Liana and Steven on NEWSTALK 1010 CFRB in Toronto (also called just Steven & Liana). After two years off the air, Ed the Sock returned to TV on CHCH-DT with a new show This Movie Sucks! which is similar to his old show on Citytv, Ed's Nite In. The show is once again co-hosted by Liana K and features comedian Ron Sparks. In 2012, Ed the Sock and Liana K returned on CHCH with the new series I Hate Hollywood.
Kerzner has written as a video game critic for 411MANIA,but currently still writes for Metaleater, and GamingExcellence (writing about tabletop and live-action role-playing games). She has also been a contributor for other gaming outlets, such as Gameranx and Polygon. She was a honoured special guest and presenter at several comic book and science fiction events across North America, usually appearing dressed in character-based cosplay costumes. She and Ed co-hosted the 2007 Constellation Awards, and organized and hosted the Aurora Awards ceremony at the 67th World Science Fiction Convention in 2009. She is co-founder of Toronto's science fiction convention Futurecon (annual since 2010), which is sponsored by her company Kerzner MediaArts. She has worked as a model, including as a promotional model, and had the Secret Six comic book character Liana Kerzner, a lover of Scandal Savage, named after her. Her hobbies include collecting action figures and other toys.
- TYT Nation (25 October 2014). "On #GamerGate With Games Journalist Liana Kerzner". YouTube. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Heath McCoy (2008-04-26). "Geek girls gone wild!". Calgary Herald. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- David Pakman Show (8 November 2014). "#GamerGate: Liana Kerzner Says Sexism IS an Issue, BUT...". YouTube. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Sargon of Akkad (18 September 2014). "A Conversation with Polygon Contributor Liana Kerzner about #GamerGate and #NotYourShield". YouTube. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- Liana Kerzner (July 7, 2014). "Lindsay Lohan Sues GTA V. Can Rockstar Claim Parody Protection?". Gameranx. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- Rita Zekas (2009-04-04). "Sock it to me! At home with Ed The Sock's creator". Toronto Star. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "411MANIA - LianaKerzner". 411mania.com. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "About". metaleater.com. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Liana Kerzner (October 31, 2014). "Five reasons why we should give #GamerGate another chance.". Metaleater. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "About Liana Kerzner". GamingExcellence. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Liana Kerzner Biography @ AnimeCons.com". AnimeCons. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- Liana Kerzner (2009-08-23). "Costumes: Create a facsimile for Fan Expo". Toronto Star. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- Robert J. Sawyer (August 17, 2009). "Thank you, Liana K!". Sfwriter.com. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- Sam Tweedle (December 19, 2012). "This Week at PCA: Liana K Talks Futurecon". Pop Culture Addict. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "CNSE Liana". Futurecon. Retrieved 8 October 2014.
- "Liana Kerzner". Comic Vine. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Liana K.|