Liberal Democrat Voice
Type of site
|Owner||Stephen Tall, Mark Pack (Co-editors). Helen Duffett (Associate Co-editor).|
|Created by||Robin Fenwick|
The aim of the site is to present views from a range of people and perspectives in the Liberal Democrats. The editorial line is neutral on matters of debate within the party and party selections and elections.
The site conducts regular surveys of Liberal Democrat members which serve as a respectable bellwether of party opinion: mainstream UK press such as The Independent cite these, most notably over the issue of Vince Cable being the preferred candidate to succeed Nick Clegg as party leader. For example in a 2011 survey, Vince Cable was also voted Lib Dem minister of the year.
Contributors to Liberal Democrat Voice include Lib Dem MPs such as Jeremy Browne, Lynne Featherstone, Chris Huhne, Michael Moore, Andrew Stunell, Sarah Teather and Jenny Willott as well as peers such as Chris Rennard.
The site also features regular polls of Lib Dem members showing where they agree and where they disagree with party policy. The site is therefore a good indicator of mood within the Liberal Democrats.
As well as being a blog which is open to any contributor the site also contains a Liberal Democrat party members-only forum which is used by members as a place for debate and discussion.
Its current co-editors are Stephen Tall and Mark Pack. Tall is currently the Development Director of the Education Endowment Foundation. Pack was ranked 39th "most influential" Liberal Democrat by the Daily Telegraph in 2011 and is co-author of 101 Ways to Win an Election. Helen Duffett is an Associate Co-editor and was appointed as the Liberal Democrats' Internal Communications Manager in January 2011.
Volunteer Guest Editors
The growing influence of the Liberal Democrats in Government led to an expansion of efforts to maintain Liberal Democrat Voice. A rotational system of experienced volunteer guest editors were added in December 2011 consisting of the following prominent Liberal Democrat bloggers: Caron Lindsay, Prateek Buch, Nick Thornsby, Mark Valladares and Paul Walter.
- Lib Dem Voice website statistics
- The Liberal Democrat Voice Team
- Lib Dem Voice Members Polls
- Vince Cable emerges as the Lib Dems favourite candidate to succeed Nick Clegg
- Exclusive: Party members vote Vince Cable Lib Dem minister of the year
- Total Politics Top 100 Lib Dem Blogs 2011
- "Top Blogs - Politics - May 2011". Wikio. 2011-02-16.
- Mark Pack's blog
- Stephen Tall website, About section
- Top 50 most influential Liberal Democrats
- Lib Dem Voice author page for Helen Duffett
- Helen Duffett appointed internal communications manager for the Lib Dems
- Lib Dem Voice: Welcome to our new volunteer editors
- Caron Lindsay's blog
- Prateek Buch's blog
- Nick Thornsby's blog
- Mark Valladres' blog
- Paul Walter's blog