List of protected areas of Belgium
This is a list of protected areas in Belgium.
The Kalmthoutse Heide Park is a trans-boundary park between Belgium and Netherlands, and in the latter it has the official status of a National park; thus - as the conservation law is unique in the park - may be considered a second National Park of Belgium.
There are in addition a number of other nature reserves and protected areas. Some has the status of Natural park.
- Hoge Kempen National Park 57.5 km², remarkable sand dunes interchanged with forests
- Kalmthoutse Heide 37.50 km² (20 km² on Belgian territory), only in the Netherlands it has the status of national park.
There are many natural parks in Belgium. Some of them are:
- High Fens 45 km² ; this natural park is part of the
- Hohes Venn – Eifel Nature Park
- The nature Park of the valleys of the Burdinale and the Mehaigne
There are many nature reserves, including:
- Zwin 1.58 km² (1.25 km² on Belgian territory)
- "Ignace Schops - Goldman Prize". Retrieved 2009-01-22. "After years of campaigning, Ignace Schops has led the effort to establish Belgium's first and only national park."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Protected areas of Belgium.|
|This Belgium-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|