LivePerson is a held online marketing, web analytics, and expert advice company based in New York City with offices in London, Tel Aviv, San Francisco and Atlanta. Its best known product is a chat platform that allows companies to talk with visitors in real time on their websites.
LivePerson was founded in 1992, incorporated in the State of Delaware in November 1995 and the LivePerson service was first introduced in November 1998. In April 2000, the company completed an initial public offering on the NASDAQ, in March 2011 its shares have started trading also on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange and included in the TA-100 Index and the TA BlueTech-50 Index.
In October 2000, the Company acquired HumanClick, an Israeli-based provider of real-time online customer service applications.
In May 2004, LivePerson made a presentation at the "Thomas Weisel Partners Internet 2004 Conference".
On October 3, 2007, the Company acquired Kasamba Inc., an online provider of live expert advice delivered to consumers via real-time chat.
On April 13, 2010, the Company acquired all of the outstanding shares of NuConomy, an Israeli-based company whose web analytics and optimization platform is intended to help companies better assess and understand website and social marketing performance.
- Robert LoCascio, Founder and CEO
- Daniel Murphy, CFO
- Eli Campo, EVP and GM, Technology Operations - Israel (departing end of year 2013)
- Monica Greenberg, SVP, Business Affairs and General Counsel
Products and services
- LiveEngage — A cloud-based method of customer engagement using Predictive Intelligent Targeting. Business can communicate with customers through chat, voice, messaging, and video chat.
- LP Insights — Combines customers' chat transcripts with structured and unstructured data to provide actionable insights.
In 2010, LivePerson removed physical barriers and private offices from all of its global locations. Employees sit in an open community where they can communicate easily.
The LivePerson Cares initiative was inspired by the success of FeedingNYC, a hunger-relief project founded by CEO, Robert LoCascio, which provides meals to families in New York City shelters during the Thanksgiving holiday.
The Aspire USA conference began in the United States in 2010 and is based in New York City. The conference is a means of bringing customers together to make connections with peers and experts. Aspire EMEA for LivePerson's European customers launched in 2012 and Aspire APAC, for Asia Pacific customers, launched in 2013.
- Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service: Winner, Best Marketing Solution and Best New Business Intelligence Solution, LiveEngage and LP Insights
- Frost & Sullivan's 2012 Market Share Leadership Award
- Codie Awards: Winner, Best Content Management Solution, LP Marketer
- Internet Retailer Magazine's Top Vendors to the Top 1000 Web Retailers List: Number one solution provider for Live Chat/Click-to-Call technology, LP Chat
- Stevie Award for Sales & Customer Service: Winner, Best New Marketing Solutions, LP Marketer
- CUSTOMER Magazine: Winner, 2012 Product of the Year Award, LiveEngage
- CRM Magazine's 2012 Rising Star Award Winner
- Frost & Sullivan's Excellence in Best Practices Awards: Winner, North American Chat Customer Service Application Company of the Year Award
- Codie Awards: Winner, Best eCommerce Solution category, LP Chat
- Stevie Award for Sales & Customer Service: Winner, Best Customer Service Training
- "LivePerson returns to IPO price -- 10 years later", Marketwatch, April 7, 2010
- "LivePerson dual lists on Tel Aviv Stock Exchange", Reuters, Mar 13, 2011
- "LivePerson Acquires HumanClick, Creating a Global Market Leader in Real-Time eCRM Solutions for Small and Mid-Sized Businesses", Business Wire, October 13, 2000
- "LivePerson to Present at the Thomas Weisel Partners Internet 2004 Conference". April 30, 2004. Retrieved Jul 12, 2013.
- "LivePerson buys live chat provider Proficient Systems in all-stock deal", Internet Retailer, July 19, 2006
- "Kasamba to be Acquired by LivePerson", StartupIsrael.com, June 26, 2007
- "LivePerson To Acquire Web Analytics Startup NuConomy For $3 Million", TechCrunch, Jan 25, 2010
- "Web analytics marketing co Amadesa acquired by LivePerson", Globes, May 16, 2012