|Developer(s)||Logical Objects Srl|
|Stable release||6.7  / April 10, 2013|
|Written in||Java, AJAX enabled|
|Available in||Multiple languages|
|Type||ECM, Document Management System, Groupware, Content Management Systems, Open Source|
|License||Commercial Edition - Proprietary
Community Edition - LGPL
In 2006 two developers with experience in commercial J2EE products decided to start a business called Logical Objects, with the mission to maintain and evolve the Open Source project Contineo. After one year, Logical Objects decided to branch the old project and to start a completely new product called LogicalDOC.
LogicalDOC source code is distributed under GNU LGPLv3.
LogicalDOC is a web-based document management application, so a web browser is needed to use it. Current web browsers that have been tested for compatibility with Logical Doc include: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome. The web interface is built using Google Web Toolkit.
The LogicalDOC architecture is based on the following technologies:
- Apache_Tomcat Application Server
- Java J2SE (JDK 1.6 or higher)
- GWT (Google Web Toolkit - Ajax)
- Spring Framework
Due to its lightweight architecture, LogicalDOC can work on a wide set of devices and can be used to implement Cloud/SaaS document management.
General features 
A document management system manages personal documents or business documentation, making it easier to find a previous document version. It enables searching by content, using document content indexing. LogicalDOC has currently been localized in 15 languages. LogicalDOC can be set up to support distinct full-text indexes for each supported language in order to apply specific indexing algorithms tailored to a particular language or variant.
- Document Management
- Document revisioning (minor and major revisions)
- Image Management
- Repository access via WebDAV and Web API
- jBPM workflow
- Lucene search
- Multi-language support
- Multi-platform support (Windows, GNU/Linux, Mac OS X)
- Browser-based GUI (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari)
- Desktop integration with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Clustering support
- Pluggable authentication: LDAP or Active Directory
- Multiple Database support: MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Documents full preview
- Integrated OCR and Barcode recognition
- Integrated TWAIN scanner support