Loney, Dear at the Eurockéennes 2007
|Labels||Dear John (Sweden)
Sub Pop (U.S.)
Polyvinyl Record Co.
Loney, Dear is the pseudonym of Swedish singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Emil Svanängen. He has self-released four albums of music in his native Sweden. His first major release came in February, 2007 in the U.S. when Sub Pop re-issued his album Loney, Noir.
Emil Svanängen self-released his first album, The Year of River Fontana, in 2003. Recorded in the basement of his parents' home in Jönköping with a minidisk microphone and a home computer, released on home-made CD-Rs, and sold only through his website and at live performances. The album became popular solely on word-of-mouth. The next two years saw Svanängen record and release three more albums.
- The Year of River Fontana (2003, self-released)
- Citadel Band (2004, self-released)
- Loney, Noir (2005, self-released)
- Sologne (2006, self-released, Something in Construction (SICNOTE 025))
- Loney, Noir (re-issue) (2007, Sub Pop)
- Dear John (2009, Polyvinyl Record Co.)
- Hall Music (2011)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Loney, Dear|