Los Angeles Business Journal
|Publisher||Matthew A. Toledo|
The Los Angeles Business Journal, established c. 1979, is a weekly newspaper in Los Angeles, California, which provides award-winning comprehensive coverage of local business news. According to the Journal's website, it has over 19,000 online subscribers, and a weekly print circulation of 22,000. It is published each Monday.
In 2012, the Los Angeles Business Journal won three awards from the Society of American Business Editors and Writers, which is a professional association made up of newspaper business sections and other business news organizations. The awards were for General Excellence, Best Investigative Story and Best Explanatory Story.
The Alliance of Area Business Publications, a professional association comprising mainly city-based business journals, gave the Business Journal six awards in 2012. The newspaper got a bronze for General Excellence and reporter Richard Clough won a silver award for Best Body of Work, based on a sampling of his articles. The newspaper also won a gold award for Best Feature and three silver awards (Best Personality Profile, Best Overall Design, and Best Use of Photography / Illustration).
Also in 2012, the Los Angeles Press Club gave the Business Journal 11 awards for articles in various categories; an opinion column and for design. The Business Journal won first, second and third place in the Best Headlines category. Reporter Richard Clough won Journalist of the Year in the Business Journal’s circulation category, based on a sampling of his articles.
Special publications 
The editorial department of the Los Angeles Business Journal publishes over 50 reference lists within the paper, identifying the top firms in Los Angeles, and including a list of the 50 wealthiest people (Wealthiest Angelenos). At the end of each year, the Business Journal publishes their flagship Book of Lists, a compilation of all the lists that have run during the year.
The Los Angeles Business Journal also publishes 30+ special reports, produced by the editorial department. The special reports, lists and supplements are all located within the pages of the paper.
The Los Angeles Business Journal hosts a series of annual events, including:
- Latino Business Awards
- Commercial Real Estate Awards
- Business Hall of Fame
- Healthcare Leadership Awards
- Women Making a Difference
- CIO/CTO Awards
- Nonprofit and Corporate Citizenship Awards
- Asian Business Awards
- Best Places to Work Awards
- CFO of the Year Awards
- Corporate Counsel of the Year Awards
- Patrick Soon-Shiong Innovation Awards
- Fastest Growing Private Companies
Regional editions 
The Los Angeles Business Journal is owned by California Business Journals and is the largest of its publications.
- Los Angeles Business Journal
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal
- Orange County Business Journal
- San Diego Business Journal
See also 
- "Staff". Los Angeles Business Journal. Retrieved 13 January 2010.[dead link]
- "Los Angeles Business Journal". Mondo Times. Retrieved 13 January 2010.
- "Los Angeles Business Journal". Business Magazine Subscriptions. Archived from the original on 12 October 2007.
- "Advertising with Los Angeles Business Journal". Los Angeles Business Journal.
- "Media Planning Guide" (PDF). Los Angeles Business Journal. 2006.