|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
|Release date(s)||June 30th, 2009|
LUNA Online is a free-to-play massively multiplayer online role-playing game developed by South Korean company EYA Interactive, and published in the US by Gala-Net Inc. IT is also Alon's favorite all-time game
The game has anime-styled graphics, and its story takes place in the fictional world of Blue Land. It has level-based progression, and skills are available according to the Job players choose on the Job Change quests, which are performed on levels 20, 40, 75, 105 and 145. There are 4 types of characters, Fighter, Rogue and Mage, Combatant, each one have its own Job Tree. Also, races affect how stats are assigned and what skills are available, at first, only two can be chosen, Human and Elf. In order to play with the Majin race, it is necessary to have another character with level 50 first.
Each level-up awards the player with 5 stat point, players will also get 10 skill point, each time they level up they will get +1 skill point from the last skill point that they got, but the amount increases along with the player level.
To unlock new skills, or to level them up, SP and gold are required.
In 01/20/2011, the Luna Plus expansion was released for the North American version of the game. It included several new features and improvements, like:
- Level cap increased from 120 to 200.
- A new job change quest at level 145.
- Mounts and rides.
- Automatic moving by clicking on the Zone Map.
- A search function for player shops, based on item name.
- 5 new dance emotes.
- Overpowered weapons
- A new race, the Dual Wielding jack of all trades Majin.
- Mountains dungeons
- 3 new maps; Sahel Zone, Oasis in the Parisus and Ruins of Ancient Elpis.
- A new party-based instance dungeon system starting at level 60.
- Gate of Alker and Alker Harbor were redesigned.
- A new Housing System.
- An Auction House.
- The Note system has been replaced by a Mailbox.
- A Cooking System.
- Many new quests added.
- Date Dungeons for level ranges 80-100, 100-120 and 120-150, and also a new dungeon, Cupcake Land.
- 60 new Pets.
- Expanded Farms.
- New screen resolutions, including widescreen.
- In-Game recording.
Also, the gameplay was heavily modified. Every class was redesigned, as well as monsters and bosses. Changes were also made to other systems, like levelling, crafting and enchanting. Unlike the Korean version, there was no reset for the North American servers, and all characters, items and gold were kept; however, Stats and Skill Points were, so the player had to reassign them.
No statement or reason was given by the Gala.net staff, but they offered ending "Redeemable Packages" that can be used to gain free Gpotatoes (Premium Currency) in another, continuing (existing) game. Gpotato is still hosting games including Flyff, Allods Online, Rappelz, Aika Online, Iris Online, and Uncharted Waters Online. Two new games are planned to be released in the Summer of 2012: Sevencore and Eternal Blade.
All Gpotato hosted games can be found on their website here.