Lylah M. Alphonse
Family and life
In 1994, she began working as an editor at The Boston Globe newspaper in Boston, where she eventually became a member of the newspaper's Sunday magazine staff. She also wrote frequently for their Travel, Food, National & Foreign News, and Living/Arts sections. She has also been Consulting Editor for the Fezana Journal and Managing Editor at Work It, Mom!.
More recently, she held the position of Senior Editor and Writer for the Y! Shine microsite of Yahoo.com, writing extensively on a variety of topics, particularly women's issues. Currently, she works as Managing Editor/Special Reports at U.S. News & World Report, a position she's held since June 2013.
Ms. Alphonse also has blogs titled The 36-Hour Day blog and Write. Edit. Repeat., is the author of "Triumph Over Discrimination: The Life Story of Farhang Mehr" (ISBN 0-9709937-0-6), and has contributed articles to Our Times (5th edition, Bedford Books, 1998) and Interactions: A Thematic Reader (Houghton Mifflin Co., 1999).
- About the Globe Magazine - The Boston Globe
- Globe-trotting - The Boston Globe
- Food - Boston.com
- Books - The Boston Globe Book Reviews and Best Sellers Lists - Boston.com
- FEZANA - Fezana Journal
- Working Mothers | Working Moms Community - Work It, Mom!
- Shine: Fashion and Beauty, Healthy Living, Parenting, Sex and Love, Career and Money, Food, and more - Shine on Yahoo!
- Balancing Work and Family Blog - The 36-Hour Day - Work It, Mom!
- Write. Edit. Repeat