From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ma in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
MA or Ma may refer to:
- Master's degree, an advanced academic degree
- Master of Arts (MA), a degree at the English-speaking universities; someone admitted to this degree
- Marin Academy (MA), a high school in San Rafael, California
- Minnehaha Academy (MA), a private high school in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Museums Association (MA), UK
In science and technology
- .ma, the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Morocco
- Mach number (Ma), a measure of speed compared to the speed of sound
- Megaannum (Ma), one million (1,000,000) years
- Mechanical advantage (MA), mechanical multiplier of input force
- Mechanical alloying (MA), a technique to produce alloys.
- Medical assistant (MA), a type of health care worker
- Metabolic acidosis (MA) or (MAc), a medical condition in which the pH of body is decreased beyond the normal range.
- Metabolic alkalosis (MA) or (MAl), a medical condition in which the pH of body is elevated beyond the normal range.
- Methyl anthranilate (MA), a bird repellent
- Milliampere (mA) and Mega-ampere or Megampere (MA), multiples of Ampere, a unit of electrical current
- Moving average model (MA(q)), statistics
- MA (complexity), a set of decision problems that can be decided by an Arthur–Merlin protocol
- Martin's axiom, an axiom in mathematical logic
- a type of interface (Ma) in an IP Multimedia Subsystem
- Minor actinides (MA), the actinide elements in used nuclear fuel other than uranium and plutonium
- Ma River, river in Asia, running through Vietnam and Laos
- Madagascar (MA), FIPS 10-4 country code
- Maranhão (BR-MA), part of the ISO 3166-2:BR geocode for the Brazilian state
- Massachusetts (MA), United States postal abbreviation for the state
- Meshwesh (Ma), an ancient Libyan (i.e., Berber) tribe from Cyrenaica
- Metropolitan area (MA), a qualifying term, e.g. "Tokyo MA"
- Morocco (MA), ISO 3166 country code
- Ma, the mythohistoric entrepreneur for whom, tradition holds, Marang, Terengganu was denoted
In myth and culture
- Ma people, a Vietnamese ethnic group
- Ma (Lion King), a main character in the animated film Lion King 1½
- Ma (myth), in Sumerian mythology that from which the "primeval land" was formed
- Ma (goddess), a local name for Cybele and also an independent Greek goddess
- Ma, an Anatolian Goddess
- Middle Ages, a period of European history
- Ma (surname), a common Chinese family name
- "MA15+", an Australian film and video game classification meaning "Not suitable for under 15s"
- Mature audience is a U.S. television rating system category abbreviated as TV-MA
- Memory Alpha (MA), a Star Trek-oriented wiki
- Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives (MA), a website devoted to heavy metal bands
- Maria (Mª or Ma.), according to Spanish naming customs
- Massive Attack, a British trip hop band
- Ma (negative space), a word of Japanese origin used in art and design
- Methamphetamine, a psychostimulant
- Mother, "Ma" used as a synonym
- Marijuana Anonymous (MA), a group recovery program aimed at marijuana addiction
- Martial arts (MA), only used in combining forms such as MMA or MCMAP
- Malév Hungarian Airlines (MA), IATA designator of the former airline
- MasterCard, NYSE stock symbol
- Marvellous attack, a term used in StepMania game, it means to get only Marvellous (the highest) rankings for each step
- Motorcycling Australia
- Ma (Rare Earth album), 1973
- Ma (Anjan Dutt album), 1998
- Miss America, a beauty pageant, also the title itself
- Orange Movement (Movimento Arancione), an Italian political party
- Master at Arms (abbreviated MA) an enlisted rating in the US Navy.
- MA (chemotherapy) is an acronym for Mitoxantrone + standard-dose Ara-C (cytarabine) chemotherapy regimen.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.