Promotional photo of MDFMK, 2000.
|Associated acts||KMFDM, KGC|
Due to differences between some of KMFDM's band members about the band's future, KMFDM disbanded in 1999. Sascha Konietzko and Skold continued working together under the name MDFMK. They released just one album: MDFMK (2000, Universal Records). The band, with Lucia Cifarelli (formerly of the band Drill), took on a more futuristic sound, which also contained hints of trance and europop, primarily in the style of production, leaning towards what is now commonly referred to as 'electronica'. MDFMK featured all three sharing vocal duties. Their song "Missing Time" was used in the animated movie, Heavy Metal 2000. The band toured the United States and Canada in 2000, during which it had a fourth member, a giant robot guitarist named Zyclor. Konietzko stated in 2003 that there was material for what he called "MDFMK #2", but that Universal Records was "sitting on it". He also said that if Universal never released the material, he would eventually get the rights to it and release it himself.
- MDFMK (March 28, 2000)
- Gravity Games 2000: Summer Sounds, Vol. 1 (2000)
- Heavy Metal 2000 (2000)
- "KMFDM Side Projects". KMFDM.net. KMFDM Enterprises. Retrieved March 26, 2010.
- Moss, Corey (May 4, 2000). "MDFMK Prepare For Sonic Assault Of U.S.". MTV Networks. Retrieved July 22, 2012.
- "Lost in a Supermarket: KMFDM Interview". Retrieved February 23, 2010.
- Curry, Chris (November 1, 2003). "MK Magazine Interviews: KMFDM". MK Magazine. Retrieved July 12, 2012.