Mackie is a brand of the United States-based company LOUD Technologies. The Mackie brand is used on professional music and recording equipment, such as mixing consoles, loudspeakers, studio monitors and DAW control surfaces, digital recording equipment and more.
Mackie Designs, Inc. was founded in Woodinville, Washington by Greg Mackie, an ex-Boeing worker who began making pro audio gear and guitar amps in his spare time. After founding the small line mixer manufacturer TAPCO, and later the home audio processor manufacturer AudioControl, Mackie founded Mackie Designs, Inc., designing and manufacturing affordable and versatile compact pro audio mixers.
Mackie's mixers were a tremendous success, forcing Mackie to relocate and expand manufacturing every year in its early years to eventually occupy a 30,000 square-foot factory in 1994 and further expanding to a 90,000 square-foot factory the following year. Mackie Designs took advantage of the Seattle area's plentiful electronic and engineering subcontractors and utilized automated assembly machines to achieve high productivity and quality with lower overall production costs. Mackie was the originator of the Ultra-mix Universal Automation System for 8-bus consoles.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mackie (audio brand).|
- "The Making Of Mackie Mixers", Sound On Sound, Oct 1994
- Billboard - 2 Dec 1995 - Page 42 "booth at the recent Audio Engineering Society Convention in New York to introduce its long-awaited Ultra-mix Universal Automation System for its 8-bus consoles."
- EQ. - Volume 7, Issues 1-6 - Page 76 1996 "MACKIE ULTRAMIX AUTOMATION Mackie's Ultramix automation system has been more anticipated than the second coming of Elvis. The company has been promising an affordable system that is powerful, easy to use, and won't require a ..."
- Electronic Musician - Volume 13, Issues 1-7 - Page 2 1997 "UltraMix is currently being used to mix network television music themes and on several major album projects - by seasoned engineers who grew up on Big Automation Systems. Their verdict is that UltraMix is a serious automation solution ..."
- "Greg Mackie & Cal Perkins: Mackie Designs", Sound On Sound, Nov 1996
- "Mackie Designs, Inc. Now Loud Technologies", Mix Magazine, Sep 2003
|This sound technology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|