Magne Skodvin (13 December 1915 – 26 January 2004) was a Norwegian educator and historian.
Skodvin attended the Hardanger folkehøgskole from 1930–31. In 1935, he took his final exams from Voss landsgymnas. He graduated with a cand.philol. degree in 1946, and took his doctorate in 1956 with the paper Striden om okkupasjonsstyret i Norge. 
Skodvin work as a university teacher, as professor of history, first at the teacher's college in Trondheim, and from 1961 at the University of Oslo. He worked as a professor in history at the University of Oslo until 1983.
He was the chairman of Noregs Mållag from 1958 to 1960, and editor of Syn og Segn from 1951 to 1959. He was a member of the Royal Norwegian Society from 1957 and the Norwegian Academy of Science and Letters from 1958. Skodvin was appointed a Knight 1st Class of the Order of St. Olav in 1988.
- Det store fremstøtet,(1948)
- Norges plass i Hitlers militære planar etter 7. juni 1940 (1949)
- Norsk okkupasjonshistorie i europeisk samanheng, i Nordisk Tidskrift (1951)
- Striden om okkupasjonsstyret i Norge (1956)
- Norden eller NATO (1971)
- Samtid og historie (1975)
- Som seilene fylles av stormen (1982)
- Krig og okkupasjon 1939–1945 (1990)
|Chairman of Noregs Mållag
|This biographical article about a Norwegian historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|