|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2007)|
A group of majorettes
|Competencies||Hand–eye coordination, physical fitness|
A majorette is a person doing choreographed dance or movement, primarily baton twirling associated with marching bands during parades. It derives from girls' involvement in the late 19th and early 20th centuries in drill and gymnastic teams or groups that used apparatuses similar to those found in rhythmic gymnastics. Majorettes can also twirl knives, fire knives, flags, light-up batons, and fire batons. They do illusions, cartwheels, and flips, and sometimes twirl up to four batons at a time. Majorettes are often confused with cheerleaders; baton twirling is more closely related to rhythmic gymnastics rather than cheerleading.
- Jetta Handover (Kath Soucie) from the TV series Clifford the Big Red Dog.
- Adrian Lee (Francia Raisa) from the TV series The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
- Vicky from the horror movie The Majorettes.
- Sissi Delmas (Jodi Forrest) from Code Lyoko (attempted, but Jim kicks her out due to her clumsy movements in XANA Awakens).
- Sakura Kinomoto from the anime series Cardcaptor Sakura.
- Bunty Carmichael (Catherine Tate) from the TV series The Catherine Tate Show.
- Lila da Mintgomory (Madonna Ciccone) from the concert series The MDNA Tour.
|Trujillo Spring Festival|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Majorettes.|